My Jeep is missing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you are getting it al sorted out.. i can see where you are coming from with just wanting it all over with. I am like that with some times.. Kinda like school..

I ALWAYS take care of other peoples stuff. I would probably be alittle ******* a rental though.. laying it to the floor would be a common thing.. 8-[

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey sorry about what happened. my question is which rear glass did they smash? was it the big real glass part or the smaller pane that is really mor elike cheap plastic. im guessing its the smaller one. you could literally just pushing it in and gain access to the lock and boom youre in. theyre weak!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fasto82 said:
hey sorry about what happened. my question is which rear glass did they smash? was it the big real glass part or the smaller pane that is really mor elike cheap plastic. im guessing its the smaller one. you could literally just pushing it in and gain access to the lock and boom youre in. theyre weak!

Can you tell me more about this? Not to sure what you mean by smaller plastic one?

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the smaller window pane on the rear doors. they are not truly glass. i had both rear doors seals replaced and that piece of "glass" has to come with the seal cuz its glued to the seal that goes around the top of the window area of the door. my friend was joking around and punched that smaller pane to try to set off my alarm and he almost pushed it in on me. he didnt even have to hit it that hard.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fasto82 said:
the smaller window pane on the rear doors. they are not truly glass. i had both rear doors seals replaced and that piece of "glass" has to come with the seal cuz its glued to the seal that goes around the top of the window area of the door. my friend was joking around and punched that smaller pane to try to set off my alarm and he almost pushed it in on me. he didnt even have to hit it that hard.

Actually you're wrong, because that's the one they broke to get into my jeep, and there is genuine glass, shattered all over my interior from it. It is glass...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
fasto82 said:

Actually you're wrong, because that's the one they broke to get into my jeep, and there is genuine glass, shattered all over my interior from it. It is glass...
It's quite possible it could have changed to PLASTIC with the '05 Redesign. I know my '04 was glass. I haven't tried this one.

Although it probably is glass. :)

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
It's quite possible it could have changed to glass with the '05 Redesign. I know my '04 was glass. I haven't tried this one.

You mean changed to plastic with the '05 redesign?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Marlon_JBT said:
It's quite possible it could have changed to glass with the '05 Redesign. I know my '04 was glass. I haven't tried this one.

You mean changed to plastic with the '05 redesign?

I believe thats what he means. I do not know why they would of done that though? I guess that would be a good window to push in if you locked your keys in the jeep..

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it is glass is definitely is not as strong as the other panes in the jeep. maybe it could be just the fact that theres really not too much support for it that it feels like it could be plastic. i really cant remember when i had the seals changed but i do remember it felt morel ike plastic than glass.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the claim pics I dug up on my insurance company's website, the outside damage doesn't upset me like the interior does.

You must be registered for see images

2003KJ

Reaction score
It doesn't look like they beat on it too hard.

Probably some punks who wanted to go for a joy ride.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Amateurs. There are ways to break into a Chrysler steering column and get to the ignition switch without breaking the wiper switch.

It doesn't look too bad.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Amateurs. There are ways to break into a Chrysler steering column and get to the ignition switch without breaking the wiper switch.

It doesn't look too bad.

What do they care, it's not like it was their car. They also broke the other switch clear off at some point, which is odd, because I don't know how they would've got the headlights on, unless it was broken off later...

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that makes me mad to see the photos. Again, I'm sorry to hear a fellow KJ'er go through this.

Bastards!

Not too long ago, stealing a guy's horse got you hung.