My Jeep is missing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
my Ranger had that key, my only complaint was the cost of getting new keys cut and programmed at the dealer.

The car next to my Jeep the night they were broken into was broken into also. It was a Mitsu Galant. I think it must have had the same sort of key because it was broken into exactly as mine was, and you could see where they tried to hotwire it, but never got the car. The only thing about this type of set-up though, is that the car still got broken into, and had interior damage. Since they couldn't steal it, they just ripped through it trying to find anything they could.
Well... looks like they attempted to steal that one first, failed, and the closest thing wasyour Liberty. Still... bastards!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Here are the claim pics I dug up on my insurance company's website, the outside damage doesn't upset me like the interior does.

You mean those thieves didn't use their (your) turn signal in practicing safe grand theft auto?!

My KJ Limited had Sentry Key and I just assumed it was standard on them all considering when I did sticker/feature comparisons the only difference I noticed in terms of security was the Alarm - didn't correlate this to mean that Sentry Key was only part of the alarm package. Even my 99 Ford had the Ford version of an RFID Key. In this day and age I certainly figured that something so simple would be standard in cars since auto makers don't want their cars to lose market share for lackof being a secure vehicle. When my Charger had it, I just figured this was true - not that the Charger was a premium vehicle and this was a feature of that.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is difficult news. Sorry again. But let's still hope that they fry for this one.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post pix when you get it back, looking forward to the day when you have it back (as I'm sure you are!)

-Blu

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah me too. :( I was hoping for a phone call today, but haven't gotten it and I have to go to work, so tomorrow's another day I guess. sad2.gif

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest the 1st thing you do with your car when you get it back is line it with thin strips of wire and hook it up to some sort of battery system. From the moment you lock the doors, anyone that touches your car will certainly think about it for a long time \:D/

Come to think about it, I'd like one for parking wardens and anti 4x4 protesters.

Better still, a pop-out tesla coil from the roof [-o<

Erzebet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the owner of a brand new 06 Liberty Renegade with a factory installed anti-theft system. Even with the factory system I was still concerned about the possibility of theft. I guess any new vehicle owner would be.

But after reading your entire post, (it was very sad indeed) I became obsessed! So, I did some internet research to see how I could supplement the anti-theft system in my vehicle.

There is not a whole lot out there....but, I found something that piqued my interest. In fact, it was mentioned in this forum back in June..... The "Ravelco" anti-theft system (www.neverstolen.com). I know you had mentioned about getting an anti-theft system, so I thought you might be interested in this one. I got an email quote today for $350.00 installation (NY area) and they will send a certified tech to your house or business to do the install. I also think some dealers install them as well. I am truly considering having this installed in my Liberty...

I hope you get your Jeep soon, and best of luck to you.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
I'd suggest the 1st thing you do with your car when you get it back is line it with thin strips of wire and hook it up to some sort of battery system. From the moment you lock the doors, anyone that touches your car will certainly think about it for a long time \:D/

Come to think about it, I'd like one for parking wardens and anti 4x4 protesters.

Better still, a pop-out tesla coil from the roof [-o<

Or I could just get an alarm. =P~

Hmmm, we did have a Tesla coil where I went to school that was designed to throw bolts 50+ feet though. \:D/

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a call thismorning from the police...my firearm was recovered....which is great news to me because that's $600 less I have to spend now to replace it, because my insurance wasn't covering it...although I can't have it back until their trial is over because it's evidence in the case.

And I'll be having to make a court appearance too...joy.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still don't have my Jeep back. I called the bodyshop yesterday, and he told me about them having to replace the entire steering column and it causing things to take so long, meanwhile in the same breath he said they'd be painting it that day...so if they were just now painting it, what they do with it for the last 3 weeks that it's been there? I called me insurance company and they haven't heard anything about a steering column needing replaced because they would have to send an additional check to cover that.

So now I'm starting to get impatient, and pissed...and that's bad for the body shop...I'm great to deal with when I get good service, but I am a total nightmare when people screw off. If it's not done tomorrow, the body shop manager will be getting an earbeating from me, and so will the owner of the dealership. It sat there for a week to begin with before I got a call from them for an approval to order parts and when I asked why it took that long for a call, he said it was because of waiting for insurance to approve it. Meanwhile I had already had the check in my possession for a couple days, not to mention the two days it took for the check to get through the mail. Do people thing I'm stupid or what?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Now before you go off on the body shop, these things do take time. Insurance companies are the main cause for delays in repairs from body shops.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it back yesterday, and I'm pretty happy with it, it feels fine mechanically, and they did an excellant job on the paint. The steering column issue added over $600 more to my claim. I did find one thing as soon as I drove it that was missed on the estimate. The lever to recline the driver seat was broken off, so I called, and it's going to be ordered on Monday.

I was going to post pics, but right at this moment, I can't find my digital camera....which makes me think it might have been in the Jeep...I guess it's a good thing I' already getting another one for Christmas?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the firearm. I'd always heard that you didnt want it back after its been stolen in case its been used in a crime. That way, the ballistics would come back to you (and life would pretty much begin to suck). I havent read all 8 pages, but I would invest in Lojack for the Jeep as well.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
I'm not sure about the firearm. I'd always heard that you didnt want it back after its been stolen in case its been used in a crime. That way, the ballistics would come back to you (and life would pretty much begin to suck). I havent read all 8 pages, but I would invest in Lojack for the Jeep as well.

No one was shot with mine...in fact, it was never even fired.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics...

You must be registered for see images