My Jeep is missing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Discard all my previous statements.

So does this mean your Jeep is famous now? Maybe it might have added value!

I wish, but i'm sure if anything it'll be th opposite...i was kinda hoping to find a pic of it in one of these articles but i didn't.

I just want this to be over, who knows how long this may drag on even after the Jeep is fixed, since arrests were made and such.

2003KJ

Reaction score
too bad they will not let the victims deal with the suspects. if this happened to me the punks would be begging to go to jail.

god i hate to hear they thrashed it off road. Even if it looks like they didn't beat on it too hard, theres still no tellin what kinda internal damage will pop up later. Such as, did they run it in 4x4 on the pavement and drive like animals in the process.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty muddy, not sure how rough the area was where it was...i could see where the bumper bottomed out though, there's mud in the holes between the foglights...

Funny thing is they actually took the time to seal the window they broke with plastic. =D>

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17, I'm really sorry to hear about this. I kind of agree with you that I'd rather not get it back. You never know what they fully did to it? I hope they burn for this one. But they will probably be out in six months to do it again (sigh). So just go over it very well and refuse to accept it until you are happy with it. Sorry again pal.

Even tho' I have the sentry key on both my Jeeps, I still at times use the Club. Sure, the Club can be defeated, but often thugs will look for an easier target. I had a Civic in San Diego, and at that time, it was the third top stolen car. I had an ignition cut off installed (that also had a flashing light), and the Club. A neighbors older Chrysler 300 got stolen right next to my Civic one night.

Burn, burn! (censored) protest.gif (censored)

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I hope they burn for this one. But they will probably be out in six months to do it again (sigh).

I'm not sure about that...these guys have quite a list of charges...carjacking usually isn't treated so lightly, or eluding police, as well as car theft and aggravated assault charges. I had a firearm stolen also, and if it's not recovered, they should get hit with that too...maybe still even if it is recovered.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
grogiefrog said:
I hope they burn for this one. But they will probably be out in six months to do it again (sigh).

I'm not sure about that...these guys have quite a list of charges...carjacking usually isn't treated so lightly, or eluding police, as well as car theft and aggravated assault charges. I had a firearm stolen also, and if it's not recovered, they should get hit with that too...maybe still even if it is recovered.

True, they do have a long list of charges. Okay, make that two years with good behavior...

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
thecause17 said:
grogiefrog said:

True, they do have a long list of charges. Okay, make that two years with good behavior...

i'm tellin ya, they need to let the victims in cases like these have their way with the criminals. It would certainly ease the over crowding problem in jails today. \:D/

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the adjuster today to look at it, i really wanted to be there to make sure everything was documented. Total damages at this point, providing nothing else is found once it's in the shop is just under $2k. The damage includes:

Front bumper paint damage
broken grill insert
destroyed driver's side handle and lock cylinder
dent in the door at the door handle
smashed steering column and lock cylinder
broken rear left door glass

Other than that it doesn't look that bad..they also are aligning the front end out of precaution, but upon inspection underneath, nothing is scuffed or damaged underneath on anything to indicate really harsh driving....all the fluids look find, engine and ****** sound fine. They still said though that if anything happens after I get it back that it will get taken care of on the claim, but it seems that it's ok, other than needing a major cleaning and the above damage fixed...i probably won't have it back for another 2 weeks though.

2003KJ

Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Time to quickly take it out off-roading and do some major wheelin. Something breaks have them fix it under the claim!

hell yeah!

In all seriousness though i'm glad to hear that it's not as bad as it could have been. Sounds like you lucked up big time.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
thecause17 said:
'07 Malibu....
I just knew it was some midsize yawn-car. You need your Jeep back...

Exactly...

And the burnouts, couldn't tell you, Idon't beat rentals...it's really no different to me thanthe guys that stole my jeep beating on that. I've squealed them a few times pulling out fast if I needed too, but the traction control would probably prevent much of anything anyway. The autostick is kinda nice though.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Marlon_JBT said:
thecause17 said:
'07 Malibu....
I just knew it was some midsize yawn-car. You need your Jeep back...

Exactly...

And the burnouts, couldn't tell you, Idon't beat rentals...it's really no different to me thanthe guys that stole my jeep beating on that. I've squealed them a few times pulling out fast if I needed too, but the traction control would probably prevent much of anything anyway. The autostick is kinda nice though.
Yeah....

I don't abuse things that aren't mine. I look @ it like this...

What if someone did it to me? How would I feel then?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Hmm i can sorta agree here.

I do not generally beat on cars that arent mine, especially if they are friends cars, or a car i'm working on as a favor for somebody.

Rentals however get almost no respect from me.

Matter of fact one of my best off road memories was in a rented 04 WJ that I had for a business trip a couple of years ago.....man that thing could take some hits. It had a slight pull to the right when I have it back...LOL

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last two pics I took of it a few weeks ago when I made a trip to my camp...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online