My Jeep is missing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I have a ton of paperwork to fill out, and reading through the section where i list items that were in the vehicle, it says there's $200 limit on what I can list there. If everything I had in there is gone, I'd be approaching a solid $700 in items, so I may end up losing out there too. :(

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I just saw this.

I'm so sorry this happened. There's too much theft going around here on jeepkj.com.

I just found out that people are stealing cars out the student parking lot. I really don't want to hear that.

Ugh. I'm so glad yours was recovered though! Some vehicles are never found.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer it wasn't...espeically now, not only do I have to pay my deductable, now I also have the risk of this showing up on a carfax check or something, and it'll be harder to sell/trade in with that on there, so even if I decide to get rid of it after the repairs, i might not even be able to, at least not for what it's worth anyway...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Now I have a ton of paperwork to fill out, and reading through the section where i list items that were in the vehicle, it says there's $200 limit on what I can list there. If everything I had in there is gone, I'd be approaching a solid $700 in items, so I may end up losing out there too. :(

Oh gosh.. Only $200 huh? I think I have over $1000, at least... :-s My sub alone is over $500.. Which isnt much for a sub. All my offroad gear, cd's, seat covers, ahh, im not going to think about that anymore.. :-#

Sry about the loss..

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
thecause17 said:

Oh gosh.. Only $200 huh? I think I have over $1000, at least... :-s My sub alone is over $500.. Which isnt much for a sub. All my offroad gear, cd's, seat covers, ahh, im not going to think about that anymore.. :-#

Sry about the loss..

Funny thing there is, CD's aren't covered...so I'm taking a loss for sure on those, IF they're gone...for what they ended up using it for, they might not have touched some of the stuff that was in it, I hope...that's why I need to go see it to see what's missing and what's not.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
jeepjeepster said:
thecause17 said:

Sry about the loss..

Funny thing there is, CD's aren't covered...so I'm taking a loss for sure on those, IF they're gone...for what they ended up using it for, they might not have touched some of the stuff that was in it, I hope...that's why I need to go see it to see what's missing and what's not.

Yeah. That's one of the reasons I copy CDs I buy, and the copies are the ones I play in the Liberty. Other than that, I don't keep much in the Libby...... usually. There's some stuff in there now that I need to get out of there.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
thecause17 said:
jeepjeepster said:
thecause17 said:

Sry about the loss..

Yeah. That's one of the reasons I copy CDs I buy, and the copies are the ones I play in the Liberty.

Yeah mine are all on my ITunes for the most part, so I'll end up having to remake everything, 1600 songs worth.

Stankleberry

Reaction score
thecause17 said:
I just got a call from the police and they recovered it...that's the good news.

The bad news, it has damage to the steering column(which I expected) and to the windows, which i'm not sure when the damage there happened cause they was no glass here on the ground.

The really bad news, it was involved in car jackings, and I can't even get it back at this point because they are taking prints and processing the vehicle, not to mention repairing the damage.

You should find out who the thief is and kick the shit out of them.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG your situation really *****. Sorry to hear about this. It sounds like you are going through a lot of paperwork garbage, but it has to be done. Has everyone treated fairly since you are the victim (or 1 of 2).

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been treated well so far, the insurance company is being helpful. I went to look at the Jeep thismorning, they offroaded it, and beatit pretty hard, but it seems ok other than the theft damage, the grill has a crack in it though,and the interior has stuff everywhere, a lot of it isn't even mine. I'm going to be going with the adjuster when the time comes to ***** damage. I want to make sure everything is found.

2003KJ

Reaction score
thecause17 said:
I've been treated well so far, the insurance company is being helpful. I went to look at the Jeep thismorning, they offroaded it, and beatit pretty hard, but it seems ok other than the theft damage, the grill has a crack in it though,and the interior has stuff everywhere, a lot of it isn't even mine. I'm going to be going with the adjuster when the time comes to ***** damage. I want to make sure everything is found.

Man i'd probably start ballin. I can't even imagine how hard this is for you...

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, so sorry to hear this happened to you. I can't even imagine. Hope it all works out in the end....

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm going to tell you right now...

I'm about 99.5% sure the people arrested in that article had nothing to do with your Jeep theft.

IM me if you REALLY want to know why.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:

I'm about 99.5% sure the people arrested in that article had nothing to do with your Jeep theft.

You're starting to scare me, Marlon.

-Blu

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:

Do tell...is the fact that it was found a block from one of their houses help any?