Mounting Hella 500s On Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottZ0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just got a set of Hella 500s and i'm going to mount them on the bumper in front of the grill. I have a few questions. First, do I need to remove the grill to tighten the bolts of the lights from under the bumper? Second, if not, can they be tightened to the bumper from under the car? Finally, is there a best spot to mount the switch?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott, check out this thread from a while back - there's even a couple of pictures of where to mount them on the old-style bumpers like you have :D

You can get to the bolts from under the bumper, you'll just need an extension and a deep socket to make sure they get tightened down all the way. And you might want to touch up the drilled edges with paint or something to keep the rust demons away :eek:

As far as the switch is concerned you could mount it either side of the steering column; there are trim pieces on either side that just pop out. And if you have an auto trans you can use one of these openings for to get the wires thru the firewall.

ScottZ0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Rock! That is exactly what I was looking for. I guess if the weather is good this weekend, I will tackle the job.

Scott

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is a stupid question. How are the fog lights on the 2005 and up Renegades mounted??

I looked at an 06 Rennie and the wires were secured to the light and the wire ran under the light, if I remeber correctly.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Here is a stupid question. How are the fog lights on the 2005 and up Renegades mounted??

I have a 2005 Renegade, the stock Hellas are mounted on a bracket that is made straight to the actual bumper, the bumper cover has holes cut in it for these brackets to stick through so the lights mount directly to them instead of through the bumper cover.