Front top shock mount studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolakj

Reaction score
This goes along with my spinning nut issue. So the threads for some of the top mount press fit studs are pretty messed up. ***** because I just replaced these mounts with new KYB mounts. Anyway, rather than replace the entire mount and have the assemblies rebuilt, would it be safe to remove the press fit studs and replace them with grade 8 nuts/bolts/washers? Any suggestions for removal? Alternative ideas?

nolakj

Reaction score
This goes along with my spinning nut issue. So the threads for some of the top mount press fit studs are pretty messed up. ***** because I just replaced these mounts with new KYB mounts. Anyway, rather than replace the entire mount and have the assemblies rebuilt, would it be safe to remove the press fit studs and replace them with grade 8 nuts/bolts/washers? Any suggestions for removal? Alternative ideas?
Guess you can’t say s u c k s ?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm remembering correctly there's at least one if not two studs that can't be replaced without disassembling the coil over.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would replace the top mounts
Could be a real pain in the butt if you have to remove them someday with just bolts in them
Don't even ask what some idiot did and I had to try and remedy his problem

nolakj

Reaction score
I would replace the top mounts
Could be a real pain in the butt if you have to remove them someday with just bolts in them
Don't even ask what some idiot did and I had to try and remedy his problem
Thanks, Tom. I don't think I'll use KYB again. Haven't had any luck locating MOPAR. Would Moog be the next best choice?

Members online

No members online now.