MOPAR Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woot Woot

i just had to share this guys and girls

i just did something and it didnt fry the KJ ,

i connected up the light bar for a dry run and bugger me,

i used the plug that was behind the dash already on my export kj connected the white wire with the brown stripe from the light bar to the white wire with the brown stripe coming from the back of the mystery plug, then earthed the other one hit the switch and IT FREAKING WORKS I even get the light bar illumination warning in the dash lighting up The BCM recognises it even the switch is illuminated

and they work with the parking lamps on or with my High beam on so very soon i will have

light bar (parkers or high beam )
fogs ( that work on high beam )
Driving lamps ( high beam only)

he he when i drive at night the birds will wake up and think its morning

see here

light+bar+005.jpg

dash from my KJ Sport even the BCM knows its there

light+bar+007.jpg

as soon as i have the corage to drill my roof i will write up a how to for other people to use :D

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome man! Where was this "mystery connector" exactly located? I read that you connected the white wire w/ brown strip from the light bar to the mystery connector but where did you run the other wires from the lightbar too? The same plug or something else? Please let me know because I have the lightbar and I want to install it but I dont want to install it if I cant get the light to light up on the dash. You got it to work and it looks friggin awesom!! =D> \:D/

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok the plug was behind the trim piece that goes between the steering wheel and the door

tamborine+30+04+06+089.jpg

i just earthed the black wire ,

i will be trying to find where th white wire with the brown stripe goes and either connect to there or tap into it

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened to all the periods to seperate the sentences. \:D/

Other than that, it looks awesome!! I like the Instrument Panel light that indicates you have turned them on. My setup has a yellow LED light that illuminates to indicate that I have switched them on.

Good job!!

Also, why does the KJ's fog lights turn off when the high beams are turned on? Is this a feature that can easily be changed, and should it be?

dnm45227

Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Also, why does the KJ's fog lights turn off when the high beams are turned on? Is this a feature that can easily be changed, and should it be?

It's a legal/safety thing. Big brother doesn't want you blinding oncoming traffic.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
must be an american rule as the australian delivered KJ's the fogs stay on when the High beam switch is activated , maybe it a relay you can change

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from your picture it seems like you mounted the light bar father back on the roof then where it came stock on the renny's

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have not installed the bar in that photo,

what i was doing was seeing if my hunch was right with the factory wiring harness being already there , it was =D> \:D/