MOPAR batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegapgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have replaced my Mopar batteries several times over. Each original purchased has provided me a prorate on another one. This has occurred REPEATEDLY.

I have yet to have the same MOPAR battery last me for several years without needing a repalcement.

Today, I went to Walmart and purchased a Everstart battery because I am SO SICK of Mopar batteries.

Has anyone else had this issue with Mopar batteries?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only one that I had was (I believe...I bought the Jeep used) the stock battery. That one died in about 7 years or so (70k miles). I replaced with a DieHard from Sears. No problems with either of them. (Except, of course, when the first one died.)

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on what part of the country your in the walmart batteries are made by the same company who makes the mopar batteries. (johnson controls)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mopar OEM battery is 600CCA. Mine lasted 5 years and then wasn't cranking strong and I replaced it with a NAPA Premium84 with 800CCA which has been in there for 2 years now. Most of my driving is highway and I put the jeep in the garage in the winter so maybe that helps. Everyone's usage is different. Still sounds like you were going through a lot of batteries though.

Dave

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock MOPAR batteries are hit and miss. Ours quit after two years, so the dealer replaced it. Same problem after a few really cold nights. So I thought we had a phantom drain. Sorta did...turned out to be the cellphone charger causing the computer to stay on (which is a larger drain). Replaced the battery with an AutoLite 96 Platinum (770cca @ 0degrees). Have had zero problems after that.