MOAB or Cragar type wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very ******* my tires and don't rotate nearly as much as I should but they're good for 50k. I think the warranty is for 60k but once it gets that low I like to change them. All tires look better with nice new tread

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I never ran the Duratrac so I cannot speak intelligently about them. I have run just about every other mud tire and all terrain tire I can think of. I've ran tons of different Swamper's, Mickey's, Firestone, Dick Cepek, BFG, Goodyear, etc. I found the Grabber AT2 to be the most versatile out of them all. The traction in the snow in particular is outstanding.

Like to see a overall comparioson between the AT2s and Duratracs
Since the AT2s are a very similar design to the BFG ATs which I ran for a very short time before the Duratracs I know where I could go with both in the snow. Had to have it in 4WD most of the time with the BFGs. Now the Duratracs I went everywhere in 2WD , one winter hardly ever had to lock it in, they just dug and went. Also got over 90,000 miles out of the Duratracs

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, why do you do this to me..
I can relate to what you drive through because we live somewhat in the same area
I really want a tire that will last me a while, get me through the worst of the worst, and still come out looking great
Odd question, but do the Duratracs have the white lettering on both sides or just one? I don't really like the look of the letter on the outside

I was going to try and start up a poll but I'd have to start another thread so I guess I'll just keep looking at the pro's and con's of different tires until I find one that is worth my wallet becoming empty

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Duratracs only have white lettering on one side. Lol I put the white lettering out on mine to be more old school since the latest fad is blacked out everything.

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the white lettering out as well. I know it's old school but I love it

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also seriously considering going with white nomad wheels for my white Liberty. I'm really hesitant to do it but I would love to be different than the rest

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I can relate to what you drive through because we live somewhat in the same area
I really want a tire that will last me a while, get me through the worst of the worst, and still come out looking great
Odd question, but do the Duratracs have the white lettering on both sides or just one? I don't really like the look of the letter on the outside

I was going to try and start up a poll but I'd have to start another thread so I guess I'll just keep looking at the pro's and con's of different tires until I find one that is worth my wallet becoming empty

One side is all if you find pictures of my 04 you'll see
Duratracs on the Kili ( on the right)
I never run white letter out on any 4x4
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also seriously considering going with white nomad wheels for my white Liberty. I'm really hesitant to do it but I would love to be different than the rest

If same color white as the KJ then it would be cool as all get out IMO

I run these on my little trailer with 265-70-16s got them at Summit Racing for pretty cheap
7 inches wide / 4 inches of backspacing
Funny how in the picture the 265-70-16s look bigger than the 265-75-16s
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and those are the exact wheel's I'm looking at. Looks awesome

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

There are some other great tires out there that I want to try next that are getting great reviews.

Kumho Road Venture AT51
Cooper Discoverer AT3
(Either one of these ABOVE will be the next set I want to try)
Hankook Dynapro ATM
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some other great tires out there that I want to try next that are getting great reviews.

Kumho Road Venture AT51
Cooper Discoverer AT3
(Either one of these ABOVE will be the next set I want to try)
Hankook Dynapro ATM
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2

The Hankooks in 265/70 have been a little loud for my taste. They were good in the 235 though.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give the Grabbers a try this go around
If I rotate them every oil change or so I think they'll be fine
After that I'll be getting the Goodyear Wrangler Authority's
Very good looking tire

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to love them. I guarantee it