MOAB or Cragar type wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put some toyo open country at2's on a few days ago, only one needed minimal weight to balance and they didnt cost an arm and leg plus i like the look and weighed a little less the the GG. Have the same tires on the farm truck and they perform well and wear well, but that truck has never seen pavement.

I looked at the Toyo's you're referring too as well
Same weight as GG's AT2 tire but only slightly cheaper on the site I'm getting mine from
Toyo's are $700 for the 5 and the GG is around $740 for 5

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but anyone who says the General Grabber AT2 isn't good has simply never owned them. I've had them on 9 different trucks now. They have become the only tire I buy. I've used them in snow, mud, ice, pavement, rocks, sand. They are better than tires costing 3 times as much! I can't speak for all General Tires but the AT2 is remarkable

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but anyone who says the General Grabber AT2 isn't good has simply never owned them. I've had them on 9 different trucks now. They have become the only tire I buy. I've used them in snow, mud, ice, pavement, rocks, sand. They are better than tires costing 3 times as much! I can't speak for all General Tires but the AT2 is remarkable

I like the way the tread pattern looks and I've heard good things about them as well
I can get all 5 for under $600
But, I also like the Goodyear Wrangler Authorities
Not sure what I want to do yet, more than likely the General AT2

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I promise you, you will love them!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score

See, those just look nice
Aggressive looking but they don't have an annoying M/T sound to them (so I've heard)
Although I'll probably put the white lettering inside as I like all black

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the Super Swamper route on my YJ but quickly went back to the AT2's. Don't have a pic of it with them though. Here it is with the Swamper's. Wore out too fast

Last edited:

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a close-up for you from my JK

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Owned a set for 2 months, happiest day was when a sold them
They're an OK tire, just a BFG knockoff really when it comes down to it
( which I also don't like )
Used to sell them as well of course back then it was a different market and BFGs weren't so high priced
Had customers who loved the Generals and other who hated them

Last edited:

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. It's just anytime someone says something as ridiculous as "the happiest day is when I sold them" when referring to an awesome tire like the Grabber AT2 I know they are full of it so it's not worth arguing

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No. It's just anytime someone says something as ridiculous as "the happiest day is when I sold them" when referring to an awesome tire like the Grabber AT2 I know they are full of it so it's not worth arguing

See thats where most do not get the concept of a great debate.
To debate something you don't even have to like say in this case the AT2s but you must try and convince others that you do. Just saying they are the best is not enough, but why are they the best, why would someone else want to buy them, name things like mileage you got from a set etc
Those are things you bring up in helping someone make a decision on say in this case buying a tire.
Now for myself the best overall tire I have ran for a lot of years is the Duratrac, did great in everything I put a set through except really sticky slimy mud. But overall ride, handling, snow and even mileage was the best for many years.
On my 04 I had 8 different brands/ styles of tires and the Duratracs out shined everything I had. Now on the 03 I could of went with what I liked or tried to find something else that works well on it and thats the direction I took since I like to try a variety of tires instead of saying this is the best and I'll never run or try anything else ever again

and ridiculous.......................come on now

By the way I managed and owned tire and auto repair stores for many years , so its in my nature to try and debate / find out just WHY someone says they like one certain brand and no willing to try anything different

Last edited:

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never ran the Duratrac so I cannot speak intelligently about them. I have run just about every other mud tire and all terrain tire I can think of. I've ran tons of different Swamper's, Mickey's, Firestone, Dick Cepek, BFG, Goodyear, etc. I found the Grabber AT2 to be the most versatile out of them all. The traction in the snow in particular is outstanding.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to hear everyone's views on tires
It helps people decide on what exactly they want out of them
I obviously need one that is great in all conditions, seeing as I live in Ohio and we have every type of weather imaginable
So, continue the debating please :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Firestone Town and Country , great tire back in the day
way before most of you were even born but wish they still made that tread design

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never ran the Duratrac so I cannot speak intelligently about them. I have run just about every other mud tire and all terrain tire I can think of. I've ran tons of different Swamper's, Mickey's, Firestone, Dick Cepek, BFG, Goodyear, etc. I found the Grabber AT2 to be the most versatile out of them all. The traction in the snow in particular is outstanding.

What's the tread life you usually get out of them?