Mmmmmmmm. Shiny!!..............

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found a Gates serpentine tensioner supplier in the UK if anyone is interested. They can be sourced through Ferraris Piston Services (FPS) who deliver to most Unipart shops. This one was a very reasonable (for the UK) £60 instead of the £150 quoted by Jeep. Got my new alternator put on at the weekend which made it a bit quieter so when I get this tensioner on next weekend it should be lovely and quiet! I will be able to hear more of my Magnaflow! Lovely! Hehe. :smokin:

Attachments

• Photo0026.jpg
    Photo0026.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 32

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found a Gates serpentine tensioner supplier in the UK if anyone is interested. They can be sourced through Ferraris Piston Services (FPS) who deliver to most Unipart shops. This one was a very reasonable (for the UK) £60 instead of the £150 quoted by Jeep. Got my new alternator put on at the weekend which made it a bit quieter so when I get this tensioner on next weekend it should be lovely and quiet! I will be able to hear more of my Magnaflow! Lovely! Hehe. :smokin:

Got my serpentine belt tensioner on and its even quiter under the hood now, not to mention the peace of mind. The most surprising thing is that the rattle my Jeep has had for the 3 years that I have owned it which I would have bet a lot of money on being a transmission type/exhaust type rattle has completely disappeared!! I am not a believer in coincidence so I can only assume it must have been the tensioner, so if anyone has the 2.4 with a similar rattle (exhaust against a cross member type rattle at about 1500 rpm and worse when under load) and there were a couple of people mentioned they had but sorry I can't remember who you were, you might want to try a serpentine belt tensioner if you haven't replaced it? I have to be honest and say with a lot of years spannering for a living, I would never have suspected that!! The noise did not appear to be in the engine bay! You learn something every day, as the saying goes. Hope this helps someone out. Cheers, Steve (Happy Bunny) :smokin:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes noises are tough to diagnose. Glad it is gone.

Dave