May buy this 2005 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
This.... if it has the 2.7L, I'd leave it at the roadside, because that's probably where it'll leave you. My wife's uncle had 3 Chrysler's with that engine, he had timing belt/chain failures on all of them.

The 2.7 makes good power for it's size and is smooth running, but it has oil sludging issues as well that lead to more problems and more problems then ultimate failure. If it had the 3.3L or 3.5L I'd feel better about it.

if she sells cars all the time, she must have a dealer license then? There is a limit as to how many cars you can buy and sell in a specific period of time without having one.

None of this smells right.

^^^this in bold.

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
So it was probably sold from a mechanic because it needed so much work that the owner decided to leave it...

Bet you're right. The previous owner probably had a $1000 repair bill, decided it wasn't worth it, so the car was abandoned. Now the garage is looking for a sucker to cover their expenses on the repair. If a mechanic or the owner of the garage lied to you then you might have some legal recourse, so they get some chick to find the sap for them. It's easier for her to play dumb if you have any questions about the vehicle's history.

Pugh

Reaction score
I found a 04 Buick la sabre. And a 02 grand am. Only problem with the Buick is the 186k miles "highway miles" and the grand am needs just an oil change and tune up

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a d*ck but chances of finding reliable transportation that wont cost you a small fortune for under $1500 these days isnt very realistic a guy would be almost be better off purchasing a bus pass it would be more cost effective until you had enough money to be in a better price range

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a 04 Buick la sabre. And a 02 grand am. Only problem with the Buick is the 186k miles "highway miles" and the grand am needs just an oil change and tune up

I'll take highway miles over pokey footing half that many miles around town.
So on the Grand Am , it says that in the ad ?

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of us here have had other cars, but they are just cars.

A Jeep is different and not a car. A Jeep is a whole different experience and with competent driving skills, a Jeep will take you anywhere and back safely, and enjoyably, like no car ever could.....

.......just sayin.

Dave

Notice though that I said backup vehicle..not backup car. And also didn't say all of us drive them as backups.. alot.. as there are alot in this site who don't drive their jeep daily. I drive it to work 3-4 days a week or whenever I don't wanna drive my car.

Pugh

Reaction score
Poker footing ? And yeah that's what it said in the ad. I went and got the Buick. The guy had it for two weeks. Bought it from Someone else. Got it for 850. Only thing it needs is a driver side wheel bearing. Everything else is good. Quiet and everything. After I bought it I opened the glove department. (While driving the guy back home from the bureau.) and to our surprise all the receipts that have been done on the car. Which was recent. He said he didn't know about this( mostly front end stuff like rotors, fuel lines , passenger bearing , etc. ) he said damn I would've sold it for more. So maybe I got a gem hopefully.

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stay away from grand ams,sunfires ,and optras there all junk throw away cars.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Poker footing ? And yeah that's what it said in the ad. I went and got the Buick. The guy had it for two weeks. Bought it from Someone else. Got it for 850. Only thing it needs is a driver side wheel bearing. Everything else is good. Quiet and everything. After I bought it I opened the glove department. (While driving the guy back home from the bureau.) and to our surprise all the receipts that have been done on the car. Which was recent. He said he didn't know about this( mostly front end stuff like rotors, fuel lines , passenger bearing , etc. ) he said damn I would've sold it for more. So maybe I got a gem hopefully.

pokey footing, never out of town, never ran good to get the bugs blown out the exhaust, harder on a automobile than anything else .

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^"pokey footing"....LOL Haven't heard that term in a while.......

Dave