Lug Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I've posted before stock lug nuts on the 04 at over 222,000 miles. NOW figuring that I rotated my tires every 3000 miles, had , I think 6 different sets of tires on, had 4 different lifts that alone is over 84 times the nuts were removed.
That doesn't take into the fact I also removed my wheels at least once a month just to double check everything not done during rotation, cleaned back side of wheels etc so owned it 137 months, so 223 times total
We won't even get into how many times the various lifts were changed, checked, modified etc But I'd safely say those nuts were removed at the very least 250 times. Never any thing but 4 way or the " approved " socket for lug nuts that I've had for 20 plus years .

So most having issues still goes back to how well you take care of your " nuts" :icon_razz::happy175::icon_razz:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I've posted before stock lug nuts on the 04 at over 222,000 miles. NOW figuring that I rotated my tires every 3000 miles, had , I think 6 different sets of tires on, had 4 different lifts that alone is over 84 times the nuts were removed.
That doesn't take into the fact I also removed my wheels at least once a month just to double check everything not done during rotation, cleaned back side of wheels etc so owned it 137 months, so 223 times total
We won't even get into how many times the various lifts were changed, checked, modified etc But I'd safely say those nuts were removed at the very least 250 times. Never any thing but 4 way or the " approved " socket for lug nuts that I've had for 20 plus years .

So most having issues still goes back to how well you take care of your " nuts" :icon_razz::happy175::icon_razz:
You actually take care of your vehicle.

I've seen brand new Chrysler's and Fords,MY 2016/2017's, that have less then 10,000 miles with swelled lugnuts already and there wheels have never been removed once.

Look at the plates and can tell if it going to be a issue or not since there are 3 major military bases surrounding Colorado Springs.

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Theres a technician

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online