....Lug nuts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's disappointing to hear. :thumbsdown: A lot of others seemed to not have any problems. If I have problems, I'll probably order Gorillas. But have heard Gorillas don't hold torque.
Gorillas get surface rust as well. Atleast mine do. They shipped me another set after I complained but those rusted as well.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I'd rather deal with the surface rust than those crappy little caps. I've destroyed quite a few lugs because of those.

And yes. Even with a 4-way hand lug wrench.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's disappointing to hear. :thumbsdown: A lot of others seemed to not have any problems. If I have problems, I'll probably order Gorillas. But have heard Gorillas don't hold torque.

I would go for surface rust over not holding torque :p

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the key here is not letting some unknown garage touch the lugs in the first place. As Tom mentions earlier, only he touches his... lugs. I'd have to agree... a bunch of mine fell off after I let the garage put on my new rubber. It took a 6' bar to get my lugs off as a result. If you torque to the right spec they'd probably last longer.

I just bough generic ones from the autoparts store, $0.70 a pop... chrome plated (no caps). Even if they do rust it won't be expensive to swap again so I'm good with that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.