LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepzuk

Reaction score
Fab work goes along with the "it fits" part. It's implied.

Tom's point was more to do with length of time in terms of experience, not big engines into small cars.
So pretty much it’s just a dick measuring contest.I have worked on damn near everything aside from a freight train,Ive been a mechanic for 25 years.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So pretty much it’s just a dick measuring contest.I have worked on damn near everything aside from a freight train,Ive been a mechanic for 25 years.

Sure seems to have gotten that way.

I'm not sure Tom's original comment regarding screwing up two vehicles was meant that way, but... hey.. here we are.

I don't doubt anyone's knowledge or experience that they say they have- until they slip up and prove otherwise by what they say or do. After all, it is the internet.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

LOL , sums it all up doesn't it if you think that is what it is.
And again children , that is what you hear from 20 year olds
Thank goodness I hung with older guys when I was 20-40s and actually listened to what they said
Nowdays, well you can see where we are in the world

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand how this thread is getting shit.

Dude has a legit ls swap and turbo..
I just want to see more of it , plus upload pics and add some videos to YouTube

jeepzuk

Reaction score
Thank goodness I hung with older guys when I was 20-40s and actually listened to what they said
Dude
Dude im damn near 40 ,I didn’t come here to argue with a butt hurt ford fan boy.I came here to give my input on swapping an ls into a liberty.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Butt hurt Ford fan? LOL
" DUDE " ?????? Is that still a term to call people ? Haven't heard that in 20 years
Argue, never started an argument, this is called a discussion, or at least it used to be called that before everyone became so sensitive
Carry on

jeepzuk

Reaction score
I don’t understand how this thread is getting shit.

Dude has a legit ls swap and turbo..
I just want to see more of it , plus upload pics and add some videos to YouTube
When i get some free time ill make a youtube for it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude

Dude im damn near 40 .

Since you keep bringing up your age, here are a few facts,
I'm 65, been building 4x4s since 1972, have done close to 60 KJs alone, most no charge at all just helping "friends I met on line" .
did my first motor swap in 1969 at 15 years old, SBC into my 48 Chevy Fleetline with 4 speed and 57 Pontiac rear diff by myself, that I rolled drag racing 2 days before I was to go take my driving test LOL ( won that race though! )
Had my own " sort of garage, (an old grainery dirt floor, no insulation and big old coal stove) , that I did oil changes, tuneups, changed tires that I started about the same time . Stopped being a full time tech years ago to use my head instead of my back, do mecanhical work for fun now , when I want to or feel like it
So been around the block a time or two ( as well as you )

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was picked up by the circus when I was 3, lived with the monkeys until I was ten, then started training bears to ride bikes. I had to fix the bikes a lot. This is my second Jeep, So that makes me the best mechanic.

Mad respect for you Tom, and many of the other mechanics here on this site. I've learned a lot, but I was feeling left out so I tried to one up your story.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was picked up by the circus when I was 3, lived with the monkeys until I was ten, then started training bears to ride bikes. I had to fix the bikes a lot. This is my second Jeep, So that makes me the best mechanic.

Mad respect for you Tom, and many of the other mechanics here on this site. I've learned a lot, but I was feeling left out so I tried to one up your story.
Great story for sure
Living with monkeys is great, worked with a lot of them you may have lived with LOL
Bears are ******* bikes, tricycles not so much but bikes , yes

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here, you guys are gonna need this lol (sorry couldn't find one smaller for accuracy)

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's been a while since I have been on here. New baby, home projects and finishing up another car project had kept from getting to the jeep. This week I got it in the barn and starting stripping it down. I test fitted the LS engine yesterday and it fits. The truck pan clears the front diff. I actually think I can use a car pan and lower it in the chassis. Hood clears the intake and accessories clear. I believe the hardest part will be the exhaust, but truck manifolds work. I still need to do some positioning, back a bit, but I do not see any problems. Next is test fitting the 4l60 with the awd t-case. I took some pics yesterday showing clearance. I will post later today.

Also, there is a good thread on ls1tech of a guy that just did an LS swap on a 2wd. He created a module that will let the GM class 2 data talk to the jeep modules so everything works. I don't believe he is selling them. I am doing a different route. Check it out and look what he used to make the engine mounts. I have to say I am using his idea.

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are few. I have more on another device.

jeepzuk

Reaction score
The manifolds are mild steel you can pie cut them to get the outlet positioned where you want it.

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manifolds are mild steel you can pie cut them to get the outlet positioned where you want it.
I was looking into the ****** cast manifold. They have a 2 bolt flange which I think would work better. Would love to put a set of longtube headers in there but need to research. I think a header for the trucks might work.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you keeping the KJ steering gear for this project?

If so, replace your rack bushings while you have such easy access to them. You can see the drivers' side bushing is already wopped out and damaged (as they all are).

RKinney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you keeping the KJ steering gear for this project?

If so, replace your rack bushings while you have such easy access to them. You can see the drivers' side bushing is already wopped out and damaged (as they all are).

Already planned on replacing those. Would love to find a universal urethane that would fit since none are made for these. Lots of things getting addressed while this thing is torn apart. Not much needing done, but little things here and there.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already planned on replacing those. Would love to find a universal urethane that would fit since none are made for these. Lots of things getting addressed while this thing is torn apart. Not much needing done, but little things here and there.

So long as it's not like most other KJ's (Jeeps in general) where you get done with a $30,000 upgrade project, only to watch the body on it rust away over the next 5 years.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.