Lost in an endless loop trying to find part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christine_S

Reaction score
This is frustrating.

I need the thing that is in the drivers-side front wheel-well that lines it (being from Philly, if I were younger I would call it the "Jaun" but I'm not so I won't). I think it's this part: https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com...ER-Front-Fender-Left/13730439/55157145AB.html

But, it's discontinued. That site says it was replaced by another part but when I click on the link provided for the replacement part, it says it doesn't fit my '05 Liberty and takes me through the process to find the part that fits...and (you guessed it, but it took me three trips 'round to realize), I end up back at the first page.

This liner-thing came loose and got all chewed up by the tire. (My father rear-ended a landscaping trailer a few years ago and we keep finding parts that weren't fastened properly in the repair, so this was probably yet another casualty of the accident. I cannot complain too much because the insurance company wanted to declare it a total loss but he convinced them to repair it...and I think they had to cut some corners to do it for the price.)

Anyone have a source for a correct part # cross-reference or for discontinued old stock? This is a 2005 Liberty CRD Sport. Thanks in advance!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
55157145AB and 55157145AD are the same part number, the last letter in a modern Mopar p/n is the evolution of the part. It may come from a different vendor, or there may be an improvement in materials, etc that warrants a last letter change. The site apparently doesn't know you have a diesel. So you could search ebay for the B version, but the D version should fit just fine. I mean, it even says right on the site that it supersedes that p/n.

You must be registered for see images attach

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked for you on car-part.com. Search for a fender/wheelhouse inner liner, using your zip code and an interchange search using 2002-2007. There are 7 left side ones within 33 miles of Philly, for as low as $35. LKQ Vineland in South Jersey is probably the one I would go for — undamaged and only $35, probably less than an hour away. Call them and verify they have the part before you go because they may have to remove it from a Jeep in their yard. (Sometimes the parts are already on the shelf in the warehouse, but I am betting no for a wheel well liner.)

Also— I am in Philly too and have had good luck with LKQ used auto parts. There is a Philly location for LKQ but they didn’t have your specific part this time. I find used Mopar works out better than new aftermarket parts almost 100% of the time!

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely go wrecking yard and make sure you gat the original mopar liner. The aftermarket one's I've seen are so thin and flimsy they they tear at highway speeds and rub the tire plus they don'tmeltback togetherafterpoundingthe pinch weld. At least that's what happened to mine after a "repair" at the autobody shop. To bad you're no closer, I have an extra one now.

Christine_S

Reaction score
I checked for you on car-part.com. Search for a fender/wheelhouse inner liner, using your zip code and an interchange search using 2002-2007. There are 7 left side ones within 33 miles of Philly, for as low as $35. LKQ Vineland in South Jersey is probably the one I would go for — undamaged and only $35, probably less than an hour away. Call them and verify they have the part before you go because they may have to remove it from a Jeep in their yard. (Sometimes the parts are already on the shelf in the warehouse, but I am betting no for a wheel well liner.)

Also— I am in Philly too and have had good luck with LKQ used auto parts. There is a Philly location for LKQ but they didn’t have your specific part this time. I find used Mopar works out better than new aftermarket parts almost 100% of the time!
Thanks so much! It's great to know there are a couple of yards not too far away that have good stuff. I have ordered something from Amazon. Hopefully, it's not total crap. LKQ sounds like a good visit for a few odd-and-ends. Thanks again!

Christine_S

Reaction score
Definitely go wrecking yard and make sure you gat the original mopar liner. The aftermarket one's I've seen are so thin and flimsy they they tear at highway speeds and rub the tire plus they don'tmeltback togetherafterpoundingthe pinch weld. At least that's what happened to mine after a "repair" at the autobody shop. To bad you're no closer, I have an extra one now.
I ordered something on Amazon and now that I see your post I am hoping it's not total crap. Wrecking yard sounds like just plain fun anyway!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some things LKQ has hooked me up with in the past:

Window regulator
Door latch
Window switches
Fuel pump
Gas tank hanger
Side mirror
Full sized matching spare wheel
Tail lamp housings

There’s no end to how useful this place can be! LOL. It also couldn’t be easier because they have a database of parts and will go get them for you. (And you can look up parts in their database using car-part.com before you go.)

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some things LKQ has hooked me up with in the past:

Window regulator
Door latch
Window switches
Fuel pump
Gas tank hanger
Side mirror
Full sized matching spare wheel
Tail lamp housings

There’s no end to how useful this place can be! LOL. It also couldn’t be easier because they have a database of parts and will go get them for you. (And you can look up parts in their database using car-part.com before you go.)
Wish there was an LKQ near me. They do deliver to my local yards.

part of the fun is going looking thru the yard, imo.

one local place just let's me roam. It did take me a bit of time til i found treasure the last time i went on a hunt.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

one local place just let's me roam. It did take me a bit of time til i found treasure the last time i went on a hunt.
Take a day (like a whole day), cruise down to Mt Airy, hit the one there, then down to Baltimore & Edgewood. I haven't been to one since before the pandemic but they always had Liberty's in there.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lkq in my area charges 20٪ over retail for used parts, and you don't get to wander the yard. I much prefer the pick and pull type yards.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a day (like a whole day), cruise down to Mt Airy, hit the one there, then down to Baltimore & Edgewood. I haven't been to one since before the pandemic but they always had Liberty's in there.
Cool! Didnt realize they were that nearby. Perfect trip. See the son. Eat a burger at 5 guys. Hit the yard! Thanks!

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score

I'm actually just outside of Mt Airy (15 minutes) and I've never been to that one or the others. Never heard much about it but do know where it is. I know the one's over toward BMore have lots of stuff based on word of mouth. Sounds like I need a day trip too.
There doesn't seem to be much of anything out where you are near Cumberland. That actually sounds good to me except when you need certain things. I've driven out 68 and have some family out around the Hancock area and it gets real quiet out past the 70 split.

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 2nd the one in Mt Airy MD. It's solid. Just got a new "4x4" fender badge there two weeks ago as mine randomly fell off at some point last year. Now my Jeep can stop being a 2wd I guess LOL

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool! Didnt realize they were that nearby. Perfect trip. See the son. Eat a burger at 5 guys. Hit the yard! Thanks!
I'm actually just outside of Mt Airy (15 minutes) and I've never been to that one or the others. Never heard much about it but do know where it is. I know the one's over toward BMore have lots of stuff based on word of mouth. Sounds like I need a day trip too.
There doesn't seem to be much of anything out where you are near Cumberland. That actually sounds good to me except when you need certain things. I've driven out 68 and have some family out around the Hancock area and it gets real quiet out past the 70 split.
The whole bunch used to be collectively known as Crazy Ray's (and for the most part still is locally lol) but at some point during the pandemic they decided to officially change the name.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole bunch used to be collectively known as Crazy Ray's (and for the most part still is locally lol) but at some point during the pandemic they decided to officially change the name.
Crazy Ray's!

that name i remember. I lived in Balto back in the late 80's for college.

lived just inside the mlk at w. Lexington. Remember heards crazy rays all the time.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember the commercials for Crazy Ray's. I have driven by but never stopped. Wonder if they have a frame for my rotted out Ranger...

Latest posts

Members online