looking for some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wicat3

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the fourm and looking for some info im thinking about getting a liberty and wanted to know a few things. One will the liberty be able to tow a small motorcycle trailer? Two do they make decent off road vehicales? I dont think i will off road it but wouldnt mind the look of one. But the most import thing for me would be towing. And how does every one like there libertys over other suvs

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the fourm and looking for some info im thinking about getting a liberty and wanted to know a few things. One will the liberty be able to tow a small motorcycle trailer? Two do they make decent off road vehicales? I dont think i will off road it but wouldnt mind the look of one. But the most import thing for me would be towing. And how does every one like there libertys over other suvs

If you get a Liberty with the trailer towing pkg.,you can tow gross trailer weight of 3500#,350# tongue weight.I have a 4x2,so I dont do off roading,but everybody claims the Liberty is better then the competition.Best thing to do is take one for a test drive and see if you like it.

shibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i know my 03 i pulled a 20ft boat all summer no problems as for off road alot of places i was with the boat never had a ramp it was mud or sand never had a problem.now with the 2010 never pulled with it yet but i have been out playing alot and it gets around better than my 03 liberty did

Natidog

Reaction score
With the tow package, my 2010 4x4 Liberty is rated for 5000 lbs towing and 500 lbs tongue. You will need a load bearing hitch to get the 500 lbs tongue weight though.

Here are the towing stats for the 2011 Liberties:

http://www.jeep.com/en/towing_payload/2011/

It says 2000 lbs standard and 5000 lbs max, either is plenty for a bike trailer.

As for an offroad vehicle, these are some pictures posted by one of the members here and on the lost forums.

Best way to determine ride quality is a test drive, but I know that the Liberty is a bit rougher than other SUVs in it's class. It's the trade off for the off road capability though.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its 500# tongue 5000# towing with weight distributing hitch.