Looking For Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking to lift my 05 liberty sport 2-2.5" however I'm really new at this side of things (mechanical) I see lots of people talking about OME lifts and ex. ome9107 which means nothing to me ha and leaves me sitting there like :freak3: so if someone could take the time to explain what I would need in idiot terms thatd be appriciated.

Thanks guys

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I was in the same boat as you about a month ago. You really need to read the Lift FAQ and you will have a MUCH better understanding of the process. Then ask questions.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so Ive got a better idea about the process now,

Im looking for 2.5" of lift and will need to buy a full sytem (front n rear shocks n springs) I was looking at the OME lifts but they said they give about 1.75" of lift and I want more so any reccomendations would be appriciated! :worship:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
They under estimate the actual lift amount with OME springs from what I have read. (ie 2.5"=3") If your not mechanically inclined the easiest route is the Frankenlift. However it is not brain surgery... it really comes down to the whether or not you want to have to disassemble/reassemble your front springs and shocks reusing stock parts, or just remove and replace.

All J Products - Jeep Liberty KJ FRANKENLIFT

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Here is a more accurate answer from AllJ's site .....

"KJ's ALL VARY in the ride height department. Some have saggy springs, some have stiffer springs. This is why you get KJ's sitting at all different ride heights from the factory. If you add a Daystar or other spacer lift, you are dependent on the condition of the factory springs. We have had KJ's come into the shop with such soft springs that they got over 4" of lift when lifted with a new front strut set. They didn't really get 4", they are just 2.5" over stock, and they were sagging 1.5" below stock. And that 2.5" over stock is about the most mysterious actual measurement I have ever seen.

Example: Frankenlift. It is called a 2.5" lift. That's pretty close to what it measures. If you get a little less or a little more, that would depend on where your stock KJ sat stock. From the factory, there are about 15 different factory front KJ springs to choose from. They are all ordered by VIN. Confusing to say the least. All J has a pretty good handle on which springs will stiffen up the KJ and which ones are too soft. But in the long run, if you are going to lift the KJ compare yours to another stock KJ to see where you sit. If your KJ is up where it should be, than a spacer lift will work for you. A cheaper way to go. If your KJ is a low rider from saggy springs, and sits way low, or bottoms out a lot stock, then don't do a spacer lift, go for the full spring lift. "

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luke thats what I was looking for, So I looked into the OME and Frankenlift stuff and from what I gathered the frankenlift raises you a bit more but they look like they use the same parts

Frankenlift parts:
OME H/D Front Struts
OME948 H/D Rear Springs
OME927 H/D Front Springs
OME132L Rear Long Travel Shocks
Extended Rear Bumpstops

And for both I'd be using my stock Mopar top strut plates, all four stock Mopar isolators and all stock Mopar hardware unless you guys strongly advise against that.

The OME lift uses the exact same stuff but it has the option for rear standard length shocks or exended rear length, so whats the difference. And the OME lift is $545 for individual parts from rocky road and $750 on rocky road for a bundle and the frankenlift is $871 on boulderbars, just wondering why there is such a price difference when they use the same stuff. Just looking for some clarification thanks guys

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OME lift uses the exact same stuff but it has the option for rear standard length shocks or exended rear length, so whats the difference. And the OME lift is $545 for individual parts from rocky road and $750 on rocky road for a bundle and the frankenlift is $871 on boulderbars, just wondering why there is such a price difference when they use the same stuff. Just looking for some clarification thanks guys

The Frankenlift comes preassembled so you don't have to worry about compressing the springs, disassembling your old front shocks/springs, compressing the new springs and assembling on the new shocks. Basically plug-n-play. Um, Rocky Road? Avoid them - trust us :freak3:

Another option is the Ironman lift from JeepinByAl.com. Good reviews so far, less expensive overall and free shipping right now too. As long as you don't want a full 4" of lift then it is a good option.

So good options for you:
- Frankenlift: Plug-n-Play
- JBA: Go with OME or Ironman. Liberty's and other IFS Jeeps is all they do so you can count on them.

Bob

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so your saying to go with a OME lift from JBA and Id rather not pay the extra for the franklift as I'm good friends with my mechanic so if I help him do the work he doesnt charge me labour. :happy107:

So this is the one I'd be getting

JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - OME-KJ-1.5-3.7-HD-L - OME 1.50" lift kit - Old Man Emu Suspension Products - Jeep Liberty KJ (2002-2007) - JeepinbyAl.com

It comes with:
OME927 Springs
2-NS131 Strut
OME948 Springs
2-N132L Shocks

So the only thing I would need after that stuff for the lift is:
2-Teraflex bumpstops

Correct me if I'm wrong

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Boy I am even confused now after reading some of the above statements :happy175:
I think if you would read everything is listed out in the previous 1000 posts on the subject but
If you have a wrench who can assemble everything then go with springs and shocks over the Frankenlift
You can get just as much lift woth 927 front springs, a 1/4 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis
then in the rear two extra upper isos and of course the longer shocks etc.
Now if you don't want 3.5 inches of lift after settling in go with the Ironman and the same top plate and clevis and be at 2.5 inches and cheaper

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay so your saying to go with a OME lift from JBA and Id rather not pay the extra for the franklift as I'm good friends with my mechanic so if I help him do the work he doesnt charge me labour. :happy107:

So this is the one I'd be getting

JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - OME-KJ-1.5-3.7-HD-L - OME 1.50" lift kit - Old Man Emu Suspension Products - Jeep Liberty KJ (2002-2007) - JeepinbyAl.com

It comes with:
OME927 Springs
2-NS131 Strut
OME948 Springs
2-N132L Shocks

So the only thing I would need after that stuff for the lift is:
2-Teraflex bumpstops

Correct me if I'm wrong

plus 2 hockey pucks per side for rear bumpstops
the above will give you 2.25 or so inches of lift when settled

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plus 2 hockey pucks per side for rear bumpstops
the above will give you 2.25 or so inches of lift when settled

Okay Im going with

OME927 Springs
2-NS131 Strut
OME948 Springs
2-N132L Shocks
teraflex bump stops
2 hockey pucks

I'm gonna forget about the top plate n iso's for now.
And this should give me around 2.25" of total lift, or 2.25" + factory sag.

Can you explain the hockey puck thing to me, sorry I'm new with all this stuff

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hockey pucks are a cheap alternative to buying high dollar bumpstops for the rear
Drill a 1/4 inch hole down through the center
then drill hole in the center of the spring pad
2 1/4 inch bolt down through to hold it on
and done
bumpstops for 5-6 bucks

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hockey pucks are a cheap alternative to buying high dollar bumpstops for the rear
Drill a 1/4 inch hole down through the center
then drill hole in the center of the spring pad
2 1/4 inch bolt down through to hold it on
and done
bumpstops for 5-6 bucks

Okay thanks for the tip, so if I do the OME HD lift:
OME927 Springs
2-NS131 Strut
OME948 Springs
2-N132L Shocks
2 bumpstops

will I gain 2.25" lift total or 2.25" lift + current sag

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are replacing the sagged part, the springs. It is lift over the stock height of 19.5.

You will sit at about 22 if you get what you are referring to. If you read the lift FAQs then you would know how to get that measurement. Its from the center of your hub to the bottom of the fender flare. If you go out right now it may be around 18.5 depending on the year of you KJ.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are replacing the sagged part, the springs. It is lift over the stock height of 19.5.

You will sit at about 22 if you get what you are referring to. If you read the lift FAQs then you would know how to get that measurement. Its from the center of your hub to the bottom of the fender flare. If you go out right now it may be around 18.5 depending on the year of you KJ.

Okay thanks for the clarification, Ill post pictures of it before and after because Ill most likely be doing the lift and rims n tires all in one day so it will be a drastic change :rockit: