Looking for a Link ?/ wire kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to a supplier for a Trailer Hitch wiring kit?

I thought I saw a thread where a kit is available where you do not have to take all the interior trim apart. It runs behind rear bumper ??

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great !

I believe they have exactly what I needed......

Thank You

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the question. All of the trailer harnesses I have seen run under the bumper. The Mopar one has clips spaced exactly in line with the holes and it just snaps up there. As far as trim...you have to remove some degree of trim no matter what. More if you have to run the supplemental harness. I used the Mopar harness and I would advise everyone else to, as well. Especially in the case of the 7-pin.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question relates to....

I have seen some harness that required removal of interior (cargo area) side trim, shoulder belt unbolted, etc.....and a harness that does not require all this.

I wanted the harness that does not.......

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only harness like that would be a 4 pin that hooks into the tail lights, and I don't even know where to get one because I have never had any interest in one. Removing the trim piece is NOT hard. It takes under 2 minutes and it is not necessary to remove the seat belt to get back there. Even if you were to, it's 1 more minutes and a T47 socket. Even with the tail light ones, I believe you will have to remove that portion of the trim, come to think of it.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 Pin

The Etrailer link that was posted is a 4 pin.....Does it really matter if it's 7 or 4 ?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm, yeah... You should not even be considering installing a trailer hitch if you do not know the difference and the limitations that will result. If you plan on towing anything other than a lawn mower or a motorcycle locally, you better be using a 7 pin in conjunction with a Class 3 hitch. If you already planned to buy a Class 3 hitch...why? Assuming you never intended to tow anything heavy enough to need a Class 3 since you were only going to install a 4 pin.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry

meant to say 4 POLE not PIN...It's a class III hitch with 4 pole connector..

see the link to Etrailer...............

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it

won't be towing anything requiring a "Brake" don't need 7 Pole

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 pin, 4 pole, same thing and that does not change the question. If you don't know the difference between 4 and 7 and what they are used for, you should not be shopping for wiring harnesses because they have severely different uses and limitations. If you're buying a Class 3 hitch, though, either you're wasting your money buying a hitch that supports more than your wiring harness will allow you to tow, or you mean to buy a 7 pin and don't even know it.

Aside from tongue weight, there is no reason to buy a Class 3 if you only plan to tow lightweight stuff, except that they only cost a little more. Either way I think you should buy a 7 and use a convertor to take it down to 4 so that you always have the option there.

Latest posts

Members online