Local trip this Sunday (8/2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is anyone going to be around on Sunday? I'd love to get some dirt under the wheels, stretch out the suspension to make sure it still works, maybe even put it in 4-LO. As of now I have to work both Saturday and Monday, but I should be free on Sunday the 2nd and was thinking of a local trip, maybe go over to the White Tanks area or up toward Saguaro Lake or Sycamore Creek. Could possibly go out to the 2nd or 3rd cove at Saguaro and do some swimming and a cookout, who knows? Here's a map of the coves area if anyone is interested. I just know I want to get out of town for a day.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...that would be 9/2.

We will have a freshly installed lift and MT/Rs and be looking for dirt. I was thinking about just running it up Mt. Lemmon (again) just to bounce the springs around, but I'm open to ideas.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We may be up for something this weekend.

Kevin... I'd have second thoughts about the coves and a cookout this weekend. Everybody and their brother (four wheelers, bikes, ATV's and boaters) will be out there partying and it's still a tad too warm to be doing a cookout. Any other ideas?

Russ... Mt Lemmon to settle your new springs??? :confused:
Yeah right!!! :p
I think you just want to plant a flag and rename "Mt Corwyyn".... :D

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering Box Canyon of the Hassayampa this weekend. However, I think I am going to get the quad running Friday night (vapor-locked AGAIN) and test it out up there Saturday, Sunday, or...heck...even Monday! LOL.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you heard anything on high the water level is up there?

I know it's under 3.15 feet because the flood control district isn't showing anything....:D

Honestly, I've always had good luck up there. Obviously, if the county is under a severe thunderstorm watch or something I would stay out of there, but I have been up there probably 8 times now and never had to leave because of the water level being too high.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kevin... I'd have second thoughts about the coves and a cookout this weekend. Everybody and their brother (four wheelers, bikes, ATV's and boaters) will be out there partying and it's still a tad too warm to be doing a cookout. Any other ideas?
Well, Mt. Lemmon would be OK, or if the weather holds maybe do Box Canyon/Martinez Cabin. I know the coves will be busy, but I figured that cove #3 wouldn't be quite so crowded, plus it's nice and shady back there :). Heck, pretty much anywhere is going to be busy this weekend.
Russ... Mt Lemmon to settle your new springs??? :confused:
Yeah right!!! :p
I think you just want to plant a flag and rename "Mt Corwyyn".... :D
Sheesh, ya climb one stinkin' hill and everyone wants to knock you off the top :p

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would totaly be up for it but im going to Orange County for the weekend w/ family. Trying to get them to run Saddleback mountain w/ me friday, ill be leaving tonight or tomorrow morning, run the mountain Fri, and then follow on down the mnt for the weekend.

Yall have fun take some pics..... =D

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've thrown mine out there. If no one else expresses interest I might just see if my brother is going to be home and drive up to Flag (nice and cool up there and I need to pick up some items from him anyway). Let's see if anyone posts up tonight.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where yall goin tomorrow? Sniff Sniff, ill b wishing i was there.... =D but im headed to the beach here in So-Cal so i guess ill survive =D

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where yall goin tomorrow? Sniff Sniff, ill b wishing i was there.... =D but im headed to the beach here in So-Cal so i guess ill survive =D
Yeah ya cheeky bugger, go ahead and get wet in the ocean! Just be sure and bring me some beach sand back, preferably stuck all over a cute redheaded lady :D

Doesn't look like anyone other than AJ is showing interest. I may just go bum around out in the rolls, maybe go out and finally plant a couple of geocaches that I've been meaning to do for a while...