Line-X question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with the color matched Line-X Xtra changing color? Mine is looking like the top shiny layer is wearing off and a greyish-green color is under it.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black Line-X all still looks great. Even the rock rails that were done a year before everything else. It's the very thin top layer of the color matched is is wearing off on the fenders and bumpers. The color matched on the doors still looks new too.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
03CDKJ over in LOST has had most of his done with Line-X for 3 or 4 years now and still looks great, he has the UV protection. It is black though so maybe colors don't hols as well?

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went by the Line-X store at lunch today. They took a look at it and scheduled an appointment to redo all the color matched for me.

The black Xtra with UV still looks perfect, including the rock rails that were done almost a year before the rest that I climb on with ski boots during the winter.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ski boots? Where do you ski in KY?

No where in KY. I spend a couple weeks in West Virginia each winter. I also get a season pass and go to Perfect North every weekend during the winter. It's not much, but a lot better than not skiing. It's the only place I can drive to, ski all day, and drive back to Lexington. I'm going to have to move.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm used to the Rockies, but I've been looking for place that's drive able from FL...16 hours or so...

Sorry for the thread jack.

Last edited:

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm used to the Rockies, but I've been looking for place that's drive able from FL...16 hours or so...

Sorry for the thread jack.

I'd say WV is your best bet. Snowshoe, Canaan, and Timberline are all pretty good. Not anything like being out west, but very nice for us in the south east. From where I live in Lexington, less than 6 hours to Snowshoe for an extended weekend or a nice week of skiing makes me very happy.:D

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow you are lucky... i asked them if they could patch some spots for me and they told me $50 and I said dude I will not come back because I want my fenders, front bumper (when I get one), lightbar, and roof rack done... they then proceeded to fix it for free, right then and there!

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow you are lucky... i asked them if they could patch some spots for me and they told me $50 and I said dude I will not come back because I want my fenders, front bumper (when I get one), lightbar, and roof rack done... they then proceeded to fix it for free, right then and there!

That's the way to do it right there.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well, I have spent $2000 there for Line-X, and installing the sliders and brush guard. It's also pretty obvious that the extremely thin layer of Xtra that got sprayed on is way too thin and didn't bond to the lower layer of Line-X correctly. I've also sent them a lot of other work for people that liked the way my Jeep looked.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where would one go to question about line-x? Local paint shops? Local truck shops? Any one better than the next? I'm looking to get a diggerized look.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where would one go to question about line-x? Local paint shops? Local truck shops? Any one better than the next? I'm looking to get a diggerized look.

You would go to a Line-X dealer in your area. I can recommend a place here in central KY that has incredibly good service, but in Florida, I don't know.

leerdmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's one on Enterprise Ave. in Naples. Little hike for you, but not bad. Just go to linex.com, and do a locator.