Light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased an 06iberty Renegade with the bumper fog lights. I would love the roof mounted offroad lights but aside of finding a good deal, I have another hang up. How does I mount them? Do I need to drill into the roof to mount them? I have found them on eBay for $516 but I don't know what is involved in the install. I would never cut into the roof of any vehicle I had so what would I need to do? Is it a simple wire alone the body lines into the drivers compartment or a whole inthe roof? When I asked one of the sellers, he said I could do it in my driveway.....doesn't tell me if I can do it alone or with team of paid professionals. Notice I don't call them experts...lol. Anyway, what is the expert (member) opinion???

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a write up on here on how to make a budget light bar that involves no drilling at all

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased an 06iberty Renegade with the bumper fog lights. I would love the roof mounted offroad lights but aside of finding a good deal, I have another hang up. How does I mount them? Do I need to drill into the roof to mount them? I have found them on eBay for $516 but I don't know what is involved in the install. I would never cut into the roof of any vehicle I had so what would I need to do? Is it a simple wire alone the body lines into the drivers compartment or a whole inthe roof? When I asked one of the sellers, he said I could do it in my driveway.....doesn't tell me if I can do it alone or with team of paid professionals. Notice I don't call them experts...lol. Anyway, what is the expert (member) opinion???
1st $500 for a renny lightbar is way to much,I paid $350 from a dealership for the complete new kit(Robert Larson Chrysler dealership in Tacoma WA).Yes it does require drilling 8 holes,7 small ones and one big hole for the wires.It takes less then 2 hours to install one,I did mine in a parking lot by myself.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
yes you can find them cheaper I bought one on Craigslist for 100 bucks, never had been out of the box, all there

Just wait and shop around!

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price of the lightbar and install process is what keeps me away from it. I'd be a nervious wreck drilling wholes into my roof and my Dealer won't do that kind of install for a cheap price. So i settled with installing a pair of hella's on my bumper for now. (bumpers are easier to fix than roofs lol) If I ever get roof lights. i'll make my own lightbar by using a roof basket or something. I like being creative. :D

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the bumper mounted Hellas already, I just love the aggressive look of the roof mounted light bar. It seems to be just a cosmetic improvement I can live without for now. I just got the Jeep and am not really willing to put holes into the roof just yet, especially at such an expensive price. Thanks for all your input.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never driven a Renagade with the stock lightbar but I suspect that they don't put out as much light as a set of four Hella500's. And the Hella's would be cheaper & easier to install too ($75 a set)

Here's my setup;
You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never driven a Renagade with the stock lightbar but I suspect that they don't put out as much light as a set of four Hella500's. And the Hella's would be cheaper & easier to install too ($75 a set)

Here's my setup;
The OEM renny lightbar is designed and made by HELLA for Jeep.

jaywhy

Reaction score

Here's my setup;

how much did that setup run ya?? I like it and want it!! :)