Light bar install/Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheCanadian

Reaction score
So I'm looking to install a light bar in my grill. I was just wondering whats the size that fits in it and if anyone has any tips of installing it into this location.

I know I'll most likely have to drill holes in the support to blot it in.

Also I'm not looking for a light bar that will break the bank anyway since I'll only be using it here and there on the back roads since I normally take those at night to get home since it's quicker haha.

*Edit*

I also forgot to add that it's a 08 kk with the stock grill.

Last edited:

tomknight

Reaction score
Not a grill solution, but I added ditch lights near the outside mirrors. Total cost for lights and wire harness was around $100. The LED's in them are very bright, and work well at night.

I was mucking around on Amazon today, and saw a bull bar that is basically a light kit holder. I doubt it does anything structural, but it provides a platform to put a light bar where you are looking to do it.

I think that was around $150. You could then add lights to it for relatively little. I have also seen full grill guards for 250-350 that have pre-drilled light mount holes.

I haven't seen one that is mounted like you describe, but then again, I haven't looked either.