Lifted ride comfort

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as to how different the ride-ability is between the OME and Ironman springs? What about shocks, how different are the Bilsteins, Ironman, Ranchos, and OME? Is there a big difference in how they ride and handle on bumpy roads? Ride comfort is key. Any opinions?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ride betwwen OME and Bilstien is about the same , have ridden in maybe 10 of each and very little difference.
Ironman rides a little bit firmer i think than OME which is good. Not firm to a point of being rough riding, just firm enough to fell in control and the ride is good
Either OME or Ironman are good picks I think.
Ironman can be a little harder to install since they do have an extra coil so the common spring compressors don't like to come out after compressed. ( I never use those spring compressors but just a warning if you try) Other than that pick your poison either will give you a good ride, better handling, better stopping, better overall performance on road and off

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got ironman diesel springs on mine and love the way it rides. But wife says its rough but I say its firm. We both agree that it feels more planted and better than stock. She wants a lifted JKU now.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk