Lift Progression

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
well i asked a couple times in the course of the last week ro two and he never said. ive made it clear that i need help with it. not leave it with him and he does the lift. so if he charges i cant imagine itllb e much..

he seems interested in doing a KJ lift as hes not done oen before..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO the KJ is one of the easiest lifts there is to do. Only thing easier I think was my F150 back in 1979, took all of 30 minutes I think
All it is is R&R parts, most times all bolts are easy to get out, ( unlike most XJ's ;) ) Takes longer to remove the battery box than it does to remove the front springs/shocks:D
Most of the right up's on here are fairly good if he needs pointer's
when are you having it done?
whoops I see july 3rd,

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
July 3rd. barring issues with his family ( new baby and momma had complications a couple months ago) I made sure to be clear that if he needed to back out that he should. that family comes first.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
im going to his place.. hes going to help me, or visa versa..

but since his wife has had health issues post birth, and he has a new baby. i made it clear to him that if he needed to cancel he could without bad feelings.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to come over and help you but I don't think he would want me over there for some reason. If you don't see it already, the Jeepininin group is split between two sides. it wasn't always like that and its ******** that it is... One of my main goals for joining this site is hopefully to find 1. people that just plain old want to wheel and 2. people that don't act high school and just want to have a good time, and talk about Jeeps heh

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
ya ive noticed the divide too.. and im not going to invite anyone over to his place. its not my position to. hes being nice enough to help me.

as soon as my schedule evens out after this month youll see more of me around.. but ive got alot of events and such ( lift badlands son etc)

and if PC hadnt gone all ******** liek that i was hoping to give him a chance.. guess that aint gona happen.

edit: right now i think im relatively divide proof.. but ive been tyring to talk to everyone i can too.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya ive noticed the divide too.. and im not going to invite anyone over to his place. its not my position to. hes being nice enough to help me.

as soon as my schedule evens out after this month youll see more of me around.. but ive got alot of events and such ( lift badlands son etc)

and if PC hadnt gone all ******** liek that i was hoping to give him a chance.. guess that aint gona happen.

edit: right now i think im relatively divide proof.. but ive been tyring to talk to everyone i can too.

I know! and everything he did to his liberty went with it he said.. I was gonna try and snag some parts. All for an H3 :confused:

I thought I was divide proof but it just doesn't work. I have friends on both sides, it ***** they gotta act like that.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
dont take it personal. every "group" has its sides.

Some people you get along with, and some you never have a chance to.

*shrug*

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll have to let me know how the lift goes though, if it was hard, easy, medium. I don't know what I'm in for when it comes time for mine...

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey geekyjeep, if he backs out, how's about you come over to my place and we'll do mine and yours? :) i'm planning to do mine july 4th weekend, and could use an extra hand.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
where are you located? i might take you up on it.
Even if i do the local install and can get the alignment i might come over and help you if the timing works out.
I really apreciate all of the offers for help guys!

i think youre the 4th option i hvae right now! all of them varrying degrees of driving everywhere lol.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm about 30 mins northeast of columbus. actually pretty easy to get to direction-wise, but probably a bit of a drive for you. :)

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
OK well i just heard form matt. hes all about alot of people being there so youre more than welcome to come..

if you want to.. PM me ill get you his address.

im on my way out the door ill be on tomorrow later!

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I shot all of the bolts that i know i need to take off on the front end today but one with PBblaster. the only one i couldnt get to was the one under the battery tray.

so that was

Clevis bolts on both sides
driver side strut top bolts minus one
and
passenger side strut top bolts.

i couldnt get to any of the rears on the ground where im parked. might shoot them once later in the week at my parents when i can get a jack under it.

any i missed?

OSU you might want to do this too.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
upper and lower sets of clevis fork bolts?

lower ball joint nut?

lower sway bar link bolt?

upper and lower rear shock bolts?

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
I shot all of the bolts that i know i need to take off on the front end today but one with PBblaster. the only one i couldnt get to was the one under the battery tray.

so that was

Clevis bolts on both sides
driver side strut top bolts minus one
and
passenger side strut top bolts.

i couldnt get to any of the rears on the ground where im parked. might shoot them once later in the week at my parents when i can get a jack under it.

any i missed?

OSU you might want to do this too.

What did you use to do this with. I use to have a hookup from a guy that worked at a GM Factory but he has retired. I'm looking for a good substitute?

Members online

No members online now.