Lift is in,cpl questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Well got the lift installed it is a JBA coil over package, I love it rides great and I feel like I have more control of Jeep.
But I am having a issue on the pass side sway bar link can not get it to torque, the nut end of the bolt seems short and I cant get a good enough bite to hold it when I try to torque it so I have a noise from that.
I searched online but cant find a source to buy a replacement, any info where I can get one or what I can use?
second thing is I noticed about a 1/4 inch gap on the back of the Pass side C/V axle where it meets the intermediate axle, am I right in thinking that's there for suspension travel? I don't hear and noises that sound like things grinding.
3rd it still has some nose down slope to it should I let it settle abit before I adjust the coil overs?

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 25

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First question, which one did you get the 2.5 or 4 inch
Second, have you gotten it aligned yet?
Third, what are the measurements in front ( middle of wheel to bottom of flare )
Not sure why you are having problems with the sway bar link, its a bolt so is it not tightening or ???
If no noise from the CV etc then you should be good, without photo its hard to say. Just remember you have taken everything from minus to positive as far as angles etc on CVs/ rear ujoints

Looks pretty level from the picture, just looked at it again. If you don't want the front lower, measure from the pinch weld right behind the front tire and then in front of the rear. Whatever the difference is raise the front to get that.

Last edited:

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Tom I have the 2.5.
The issue with the stab link is the lower bolt cant get enough bite to hold it while I torque it, its a short head on it, I think it used to have a tab to hold it. was wondering if any one knew where they were sold or what would make a good replacement.
The front was @ 21.5 same as the rear the night we got done so think it just settled more it was a rough ride home due MI roads, was planning on maybe an inch more higher just wondering if I should run it a few hundred miles first to see if it settles more.
As far as the C/V joints go just didn't notice that gap before will have to get a pic tomorrow. Thanks Tom for responding

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those lower link bolts are supposed to have a tab on them and are inserted through the link from the back with the nut on the front side. If the tab is gone you'll struggle to tighten it except with strong vice grips.

I looked at MoparOnlineParts.com and found the bolt HERE. Put in your year and then search under repair parts/front suspension components/stabilizer bar and components. The bolts are around $5.00

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom I have the 2.5.
The issue with the stab link is the lower bolt cant get enough bite to hold it while I torque it, its a short head on it, I think it used to have a tab to hold it. was wondering if any one knew where they were sold or what would make a good replacement.
The front was @ 21.5 same as the rear the night we got done so think it just settled more it was a rough ride home due MI roads, was planning on maybe an inch more higher just wondering if I should run it a few hundred miles first to see if it settles more.
As far as the C/V joints go just didn't notice that gap before will have to get a pic tomorrow. Thanks Tom for responding

The coilovers will settle in a good bit in just a few miles. So if you sit it level when installed then yes it would of dropped 3/4 to an inch within a few miles. After that you're good though.
The tab broke off the back of one of mine about ten lifts ago, sort of hard but you can get a wrench on the bolt after you remove the rest of the clip that was on it
I'd say sit it where you want it, get the alignment if you haven't yet, then if it settles a little more just take all the weight off the front, crank it up a little more and be done

Jeeppowered

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses, answered all my questions so far pretty sure I will have more down the road, The adjustability of that coil over system was one of the big factors that sold me on it.
Thanks again Guys Bob

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.