Lift info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03jeepkj

Reaction score
My son has an 03 Liberty sport and wants to run 245/75/16 and a OME 1.5 (2.5) inch lift. Will this work by itself or will he need spacers to keep it from rubbing and if spacers are added will it create and alignment issue. Thanks.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define spacers. Hope you don't mean like Daystar! Isolators and top plates can help if you want it higher. :) A good format to follow is from the Tommudd lift. It tells you exactly what you can get and exactly what you need, and how much lift you get with the isolators/top plates.

03jeepkj

Reaction score
Define spacers. Hope you don't mean like Daystar! Isolators and top plates can help if you want it higher. :) A good format to follow is from the Tommudd lift. It tells you exactly what you can get and exactly what you need, and how much lift you get with the isolators/top plates.

Top plates, conduit spacers. At which point of the lift does alignment become and issue?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone with more experience can chime in. I think that's the size tire that most people run with about 3.5 inches of lift or so.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be good if you are under around 3-3.5" of lift. Otherwise you will want to get the JBA UCA's for allignment issues. Anything lower shouldn't be hard to get the alligment as close as possible to where it should be.

03jeepkj

Reaction score
You should be good if you are under around 3-3.5" of lift. Otherwise you will want to get the JBA UCA's for allignment issues. Anything lower shouldn't be hard to get the alligment as close as possible to where it should be.

Will 245/75/16 work with a 2.5" lift without rubbing.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will 245/75/16 work with a 2.5" lift without rubbing.

There is a chance you may need to hammer over the pinch weld. Which is not hard to do at all. 2.5" will fit 245/75's though. and it's a hit and miss with the Pinch weld. Some have to hammer while others don't

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same year KJ and I just lifted it a month and a half
ago and what I went with and I run the same size tires you're
asking about is 927 OME springs in the front and 948 in the
Rear, Jba 1/4" spacer plates in the front and 1 extra spring
isolators in the rear, so far so good no tire rub at all and looks
really nice! ;)

03jeepkj

Reaction score
I have the same year KJ and I just lifted it a month and a half
ago and what I went with and I run the same size tires you're
asking about is 927 OME springs in the front and 948 in the
Rear, Jba 1/4" spacer plates in the front and 1 extra spring
isolators in the rear, so far so good no tire rub at all and looks
really nice! ;)

I'm trying to determine if thee will be a rub issue without top plates and iso's. Thanks.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just springs with a 245/75r16 will be close to rubbing, if not rubbing. Like others, I have the OME 927 springs, with 1/4" top plate, and 2 ring clevis and I clear all the inner fenders by a good 0.5-0.75 inch. BUT - I do rub the sway bar on full lock turning. I'm also running the stock wheels. With how cheap top plates and clevis rings are, I definitely wouldn't let cost affect your decision. I'm right at 3" of lift up front and have had no problems with alignments (had 2 of them) and I'm running stock control arms....

03jeepkj

Reaction score
Just springs with a 245/75r16 will be close to rubbing, if not rubbing. Like others, I have the OME 927 springs, with 1/4" top plate, and 2 ring clevis and I clear all the inner fenders by a good 0.5-0.75 inch. BUT - I do rub the sway bar on full lock turning. I'm also running the stock wheels. With how cheap top plates and clevis rings are, I definitely wouldn't let cost affect your decision. I'm right at 3" of lift up front and have had no problems with alignments (had 2 of them) and I'm running stock control arms....

Thanks.

03jeepkj

Reaction score
Are you running extra iso's in the rear?

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 extra iso in the rear. But I might be removing it. I'm sitting at 22" up front, hub to fender, and 22.5" in the rear, so I have a little bit of a rake. Rear will clear no problem without any extra isos...

03jeepkj

Reaction score
1 extra iso in the rear. But I might be removing it. I'm sitting at 22" up front, hub to fender, and 22.5" in the rear, so I have a little bit of a rake. Rear will clear no problem without any extra isos...

What size bolt did you use for the hockey puck?

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I didn't bolt mine. My drill was too big to fit in between the perch and the body, so I just applied a seriously heavy dose of high strength epoxy. Might be a really bad idea, but it's held so far.

But a 1/2" bolt should be plenty overkill

agb0244

Reaction score
I put in a 2.5 lift on my 05 liberty sport. Then did 235/75/16 tires. I didn't have any rub except for a small piece of trim on very bottom in front will rub when I reverse and turn(back out of a parking spot)

agb0244

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Mine is on the right. U can see the very small piece of trim on bottom in front, that's the only place it rubs