Lift faq: Read before asking questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright, thanks hoosier, didnt know if anyone tried it or what because theres NOTHING on it, i know why now.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The best budget one is Daystar, but that's not a great lift overall. :)

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many miles do the OME coils last till they need to be replaced?

i do about 30k+ a year.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles?
I ran the first set of 927s/948s for 100,000miles have over 35,000 on this set up currently

Geobe2004

Reaction score
Over the top strut spacers

Has anyone used Rusty's over the spacers? The spacers mount on the top of the strut and are advertised to provide 2" of lift. They also sell the rear coil spring seat that gives 2" of lift. I am looking to add 2 more inchs on top of the OME springs. I would be replacing two additional upper spring seats and front shims which added an inch or so over the OME for a full 2". Overall it should give me about 3 1/2 to 4" of total lift. (Running 265s and they rub a little in the front.) Here is the link -
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-SP200F-KJ&Category_Code=COILS

Geobe2004

Reaction score
I added 4 - 1/8 spacers between the clevis and strut. Each 1/8 provides about a 1/4 lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Rusty's over the spacers? The spacers mount on the top of the strut and are advertised to provide 2" of lift. They also sell the rear coil spring seat that gives 2" of lift. I am looking to add 2 more inchs on top of the OME springs. I would be replacing two additional upper spring seats and front shims which added an inch or so over the OME for a full 2". Overall it should give me about 3 1/2 to 4" of total lift. (Running 265s and they rub a little in the front.) Here is the link -
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-SP200F-KJ&Category_Code=COILS

Junk lift don't even try and use it
plus trying to use it with OME springs will do nothing for you but more lift than what the CVs etc can handle, springs will hit the UCAs bad, etc just asking for problems

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I added 4 - 1/8 spacers between the clevis and strut. Each 1/8 provides about a 1/4 lift.
4 is about all you can add, have you done a top plate yet? JBA has them in 1/4 inch which gives you 1/2 inch lift, all lifts I do get the top plate and 3 /8 inch clevis and have enough room for 32s although most do not go that big due to needing to regear to 4.10s

with OME 927s, top plate and 3 ring clevis you'll be at about 22.50-22.75

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2004 liberty 3.7l gas and decided to do the simple OME lift. my mechanic threw out the question if anything was needed for the the rear brake line. other lifts they've done on different vehicles came with a new rear brake line or required some modification/repositioning.

is anything needed for the 04 rear brake line?

<<edit>> he had mentioned there should be enough room but just curious.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
i have a 2004 liberty 3.6L gas and decided to do the simple OME lift. my mechanic threw out the question if anything was needed for the the rear brake line. other lifts they've done on different vehicles came with a new rear brake line or required some modification/repositioning.

is anything needed for the 04 rear brake line?

<<edit>> he had mentioned there should be enough room but just curious.

On an 04 you're good to go on the brake line
later models you have to make a bracket to drop the line down some

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with OME 927s, top plate and 3 ring clevis you'll be at about 22.50-22.75

what would you need to add to rusty rear springs to get an equivalent to here.

also what if you didnt run the top plate? Im looking for the right size conduit nut now. forget the size. LOL

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to say, new or used springs?
Rustys are not nearing as good as OMEs and sag faster so it all depends on if used how they were used and for how long.
It maybe something that you have to experiment with to get the right balance. Personally unless they are free I wouldn't try them
What shocks are you using ?
2 inch conduit nuts is what you need

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say, new or used springs?
Rustys are not nearing as good as OMEs and sag faster so it all depends on if used how they were used and for how long.
It maybe something that you have to experiment with to get the right balance. Personally unless they are free I wouldn't try them
What shocks are you using ?
2 inch conduit nuts is what you need

KYB front shocks. OME are new. the Rusty's are used but low miles. as far as price....the Rusty's are essentially free.

it is either that or run my 2.5" daystar spacer in the rear until I decide to buy OME rear coils.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
You do not need theconduit nuts to do a clevis lift.
Just measure the amount needed and lift the shock out of the clevis accordingly and tighten the assembly down.
The conduit nuts when stacked in 3's just happen to be 3/8" tall but don't actually serve a purpose other than for measurement.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I want to level out the Stock suspension because the front is lower, would I use a couple of JBA Top Plates? would I need to change anything else?

2011 KK by the way.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Top plates will give you some lift
JBAs are 1/4 inch so you get 1/2 inch of lift
Boilers are 3/8 inch thick so you get 3/4 inch
you can also do a clevis lift of 3/8 inch

ck2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the Skyjacker lift? I have an OME lift now and its at the end of its life and i was just wondering about it because it was mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stick with OME
Skyjackers are not as good at all
Front spring rate is same as stock 310 lb compared to OME 927s at 400 lb

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few more questions:

1) I read that using conduit nuts for the clevis lift is NOT good if you're still running the stock struts. True? I don't see why it would be a problem.

2) They didn't have Stainless conduit nuts. Those of you who have done a clevis lift: Are these rusting away before your eyes? I'll spritz them with some krylon and hope for the best I guess.