Liberty plastic takes out Sorento

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daughter got hit by a Kia Sorento. Fender flare on Liberty was hanging from one rivet. Kia was a little worse. There was absolutely no damage to the Liberty - sheet metal wasn't even touched. I have the new flare hold down clips on order for $7. They just sheared off. Oh yeah, It also took the valve stem cap off. No bent rim - nothing. Impressed and lucky!

Attachments

• IMG_9807.jpg
    IMG_9807.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9720.jpg
    IMG_9720.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 63

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
OOOpsie...***** to be a Sorento Doesn't it!:icon_lol:
One flare to re-install and Jeep's just like new again. :gr_grin:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Those are some tough flares. Wow1.gif

Glad no one was hurt. :)

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chock up a W for the KJ. I wish I'd had a camera at the time I had a little bender with my KJ. I had to replace the front driver's side fender and door. The stupid Mitsu Eclipse that hit me turned out much worse.:icon_twisted: The body shop made her look like it had never happened.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get the valve stem replaced, just to be safe. if the cap was pulled off it's taken some force, and they're just cheap Chinese rubber. would really suck to have it decide to let go while bombing down the highway.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get the valve stem replaced, just to be safe. if the cap was pulled off it's taken some force, and they're just cheap Chinese rubber. would really suck to have it decide to let go while bombing down the highway.

That valve stem transmits the PSI to my EVIC. It's far from cheap and it is working fine. The other car's tire brushed against it. Just a cheapo grey plastic cap to keep dirt out.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad no one was hurt. The KJ is tough.

Dave

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a similar happen my front plastic came off the whole side of her alero came off. glad everyone is ok @!

Latest posts

Members online