Liberty KK is officially available.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is the day, Jeep Liberty 2008 has replaced Jeep Liberty KJ on the website. 07 is still available buy clicking on 2007 link once you go to Liberty. Otherwise, KJ is not listed or pictures on the main page anymore. Yes 08 has been available for a while, but didn't kick KJ out until today.

http://www.jeep.com/en/
You must be registered for see images

http://www.jeep.com/en/2008/liberty/

LONG LIVE KJ.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trailer Tow Class III Group added, yetr still says Towing Capacity As Configured: 2000 lbs.

here is mine :)

2008 LIBERTY LIMITED 4X4 F Pkg.2008 LIBERTY LIMITED 4X4 F Pkg.
$26,125
Change Model
+ Color $150
Jeep Green Metallic Clear Coat
$150
Pastel Pebble Beige
$0
Change Colors
+ Options $6,180
3.7-Liter V6 Engine
Incl.
4-Speed Automatic Transmission
Incl.
+ Premium Group II
$2,295

* Premium Group I
* Air Conditioning with Automatic Temperature Control
* Cabin Air Filtration System
* P235/60R18 Black Side Wall All Season Perf. Tires
* 18" x 7.0" Chrome Clad Echelon Aluminum Wheels
* ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System

+ MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System w/ Navigation
$1,550

* Auto-Dim Rearview Mirror with Microphone
* Navigation System w/GPS
* Touch Screen Display Monitor
* SIRIUS® Satellite Radio
* UConnect® Hands-Free Communication
* SIRIUS® Satellite Traffic
* Hard Disc Drive

8 Infinity Premium Amplified Speaker and Subwoofer
Incl.
+ Skid Plate Group
$225

* Transmission Skid Plate
* Tow Hooks
* Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
* Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
* Front Suspension Skid Plate

+ Smoker's Group
$30

* Removable Ash Tray
* Cigar Lighter

Sky Slider(TM) Full Open Roof
$1,200
Engine Block Heater
$40
Full-Size Spare Tire
Incl.
+ Trailer Tow Class III Group
$395

* Trailer Sway Control
* Power Steering Cooler
* Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
* Class III Receiver Hitch
* 7-Pin Wiring Harness
* 7-to-4-Pin Wiring Adaptor

Selec-Trac II® Active Full-Time 4WD System
$445
Corporate 8.25 Rear Axle
Incl.
3.73 Axle Ratio
Incl.
Change Options
Destination
$660
Base MSRP*: $33,115
Total Discount†: - $0
Net Price: $33,115

very nicely priced! i think kj value will drop significantly..

Last edited:

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to note about the new KK as compared to the specs for the 2007 KJ. (I chose to compare Limited 4x4 models)

2008 Jeep KK
Ground Clearance - Approach Angle [DEG] 28.5
Ground Clearance - Breakover Angle [DEG] 22.2
Ground Clearance - Departure Angle [DEG] 29.7

2007 Jeep KJ
Ground Clearance - Approach Angle [DEG] 37.2
Ground Clearance - Breakover Angle [DEG] 21.8
Ground Clearance - Departure Angle [DEG] 31.5

Notice the HUGE difference on the approach angle... WTF?? Not even in the same ballpark! It just occurred to me to check on this data because honestly the new Liberty KK doesn't look as off-road capable as the ol' Liberty KJ. It does have a few neat features like the fold-flat front passenger seat (if you need to carry long items). The Auxiliary 115-Volt Power Outlet is kinda useful, eliminates the need for an inverter, unless your plug is grounded then you still need a grounded inverter. Since when was it a good idea to include a compact spare on a Jeep anyways? The Limited has a full size spare but I'm betting it's one of those temporary skinny ones. The drivers window has express down and UP... nice touch but should've included the express up for the passenger front window as well. The Sky Slider(TM) Full Open Roof has the ability to open front to back OR back to front... NICE!!! most only open one way. I don't know if I'd buy this option, but it's neat to consider. And something to fix a pet peeve of mine, they have Memory Package with Memory Seat, Radio, and Mirrors (limited models only) I hate it when other people screw up my seat and mirrors. I also find it funny that they list Normal Duty Suspension as a separate item, it makes me think there's something else (like maybe a Heavy Duty suspension) but no, there's nothing else, just one type of suspension... I can hear the Chrysler engineers now "ha hah.. fooled you!".

And the worst tragedy (by what I can read) is they've ruined the Select-Trac transfer case! The Command Trac II transfer case, now electronic instead of the ol' mechanical pull lever, is standard on all models and only the Limited can upgrade to a Selec-Trac II. The new Selec-Trac II has only 2 modes, the 2WD mode and a 4WD Auto mode. The 4WD Auto mode has an integrated traction control system that decides where power is needed (like the ol' FULL-TIME 4WD mode). Problem is the Selec-Trac II transfer case is missing the Part-Time 4WD and worst of all there's no 4WD LOW. Chrysler.. you made a big mistake there!! IMO, the Selec-Trac II transfer case should NOT get a Trail Rated badge.

Sure I'll take a look at the KK when it hits my local dealerships but I don't think I'd ever trade my KJ in for one.

Just for kicks here the data for the Wrangler (Rubicon)... Now that's something!!!
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Ground Clearance - Approach Angle [DEG] 44.3
Ground Clearance - Breakover Angle [DEG] 25.3
Ground Clearance - Departure Angle [DEG] 40.4

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
That new approach angle can't be right. That would make it only slightly better than the Patriot... and that approach angle ***** because it's FWD.

In short, I don't believe that angle. That and the platform hasn't really changed at all.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the worst tragedy (by what I can read) is they've ruined the Select-Trac transfer case! The Command Trac II transfer case, now electronic instead of the ol' mechanical pull lever, is standard on all models and only the Limited can upgrade to a Selec-Trac II. The new Selec-Trac II has only 2 modes, the 2WD mode and a 4WD Auto mode. The 4WD Auto mode has an integrated traction control system that decides where power is needed (like the ol' FULL-TIME 4WD mode). Problem is the Selec-Trac II transfer case is missing the Part-Time 4WD and worst of all there's no 4WD LOW. Chrysler.. you made a big mistake there!! IMO, the Selec-Trac II transfer case should NOT get a Trail Rated badge.

I think there is something wrong with that angle...
Selec-Trac II has 4-LO.

Regarding electronic t-case, i don't worry about it. It is only electronically forced to switch into gear, instead of mechanically. Difference is, instead of your hand pulling it, you press a button, and that button forces it to pull, still mechanical in its core. Hey, maybe no more ffffin drivetrain slack? What do you think. I am sick of the slack and the damn bang.. It is even there now in 2WD and it is bugging me as hell!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can they do the same to our KJs? I don't know maybe I am too picky, and always complain on this whenever I get a chance, but doesn't it bother any of youse?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me at all. Never has, but it was kinda scary at first.

I'd assume that tolerances are a bit tighter on the KK/KA... not perfectly tighter, but they are, just a little bit.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can beleive that approach angle, the front bumper on the 08 liberty hangs out a fair bit more then the kj so cutting down the apprach angle by quite a bit

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Thats a very cool picture

Good day,
I like the whole Jeep line up!
But I have to admit that I've taken quite a liking to the Compass and the Patriot as well.
The Patriot would go quite well with a full accoutrement of either Eddie Bauer or The North Face clothing. A cool mall Jeep! ;)
But lLike I said earlier, I like 'em all!

Cheers

Ryan

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is something wrong with that angle...
Selec-Trac II has 4-LO.

I don't have a problem with the electronic part of the new transfer cases, probably makes it quicker and easier to switch modes. My problem is removing valuable features from the Selec-Trac t-case. According to the webpage information the Selec-Trac II does not have 4-LOW...

Command-Trac II

Select-Trac II

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi 4Factor. I think you got both of the screen shots on Selec-Trac.
And again, Select-Trac II has 4LO. Command-Trac II has 4LO as well.
Only difference between them, you have 4HI on Command Trac II and 4x4 Full Time on Selec-Trac II.
Unfortunetaly with Selec-Trac II you do not have 4 LOCKED selection (unlike ours). Therefore you cannot force it to lock all 4 wheels through center diff.
With S=T II you can.
This is why I don't like anything pass Selec Trac which we have now, best of everything.

I mean it's gotta be somewhere on the jeep website.. I hope they update their 4x4 Tutorial section where they dont have II series yet.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi 4Factor. I think you got both of the screen shots on Selec-Trac.

Yeah... fixed the link :)

And again, Select-Trac II has 4LO. Command-Trac II has 4LO as well.
Only difference between them, you have 4HI on Command Trac II and 4x4 Full Time on Selec-Trac II.
Unfortunetaly with Selec-Trac II you do not have 4 LOCKED selection (unlike ours). Therefore you cannot force it to lock all 4 wheels through center diff.
With S=T II you can.
This is why I don't like anything pass Selec Trac which we have now, best of everything.

I mean it's gotta be somewhere on the jeep website.. I hope they update their 4x4 Tutorial section where they dont have II series yet.

What you've said actually makes more sense than the webpage info. I would think that logically they wouldn't lose the 4LO on the Selec-Trac II, but it just doesn't say so on the information posted (yeah, yeah, if the internet was all true, and without mistakes imagine what we could get people to believe!!!) Anyways, lets hope they add the new T-cases to the "See How Jeep 4x4 Systems Work" section and we can then see what they're actually doing... or better yet, go see one at a dealer :)

MikeJ06

Reaction score
Hahaha yes. I just bought my first Jeep (06 liberty sport) and in no way was I expecting that kind of lash.