Liberty KK is officially available.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I like the "old fashioned" pull the lever selec-trac t-case I have now.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I do too.

After seeing many of these things around the area (um, once a day for the last 2 weeks... maybe I'm getting lucky)

I just wish it had a tailgate mounted spare. It would make it look a heck of a lot better... not that it's lacking in the looks department.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tailgate spare : will make it a lot more like H3 :barf:

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have remembered to mention that I had a KK rental from Thrifty a couple weeks ago. Originally they gave me a Charger, talk about a familiar car, but as I was driving away I realized I had burnt out bulbs so I took it back and they said I was getting a Liberty. Talk about weird...getting rentals of both of my cars. Little did I know I would get a KK. I hate it. Annnnnd that's about all I have to say about that. I just did not like the stark differences from the KJ, honestly, but if I were first time driving one having never owned a KJ or seen one, I still would not have liked it. It just isn't big enough and tough enough of a Jeep to look the way they want it to.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just isn't big enough and tough enough of a Jeep to look the way they want it to.

I have to agree. I really thought JEEP would put out something that would accommodate both aggressive looks and full-size. Larger cargo is what everyone has been screaming about and the Commander did not cut it. I'm still waiting for the JT model with extended cab and 6.5ft bed. But I will probably never see it in my time.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some pics the other day....

This one was about $27,000 sticker (2wd limited)....it's nice, but a little too nice to me.
You must be registered for see images

This one was a little better, I think it was about $26,000 (2wd limited)...I like the color better at least.
You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I went to the dealer, there were three of them. They all looked nice.

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I went to my dealer yesterday, and he had about 15 KK's on the lot. Most of em just came in.

Heath, did you see any of the dark red ones? I think the color is called Red Rock or something like that. Man, they had a Ltd. with that color and I almost bought it on the spot. Too bad I have another year left on my 06. That was one sweet looking Liberty. sad2.gif

I think the sticker was about 28k....but it had way too many fancy schmancy options on it to jack the price up. I wouldn't need or use half of em. But it did NOT have the silly sliding roof. Actually, I don't think any of the new ones on the lot had that option. I would avoid that like the plague.(blarg)

Paul
________
Mazda AZ-Offroad specifications

Last edited:

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only ones that my dealer had were the Jeep green, that burgundy color above(not sure of the name), and steel blue. I've seen that Red Rock color on the JK's...that would've been my second choice right behind the Jeep Green

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealer today looking at the new 08's on the Lot. I thought they where really nice. However there were some things I didn't like. First thing I didn’t like was the E-Brake Handle. It was just sticking out of the Center Console and looked like it had no place there to be. I also didn’t like the selec trac II. No 4x4 lock? They took the selection of out the selec trac. I also was confused on how the new transfer cases goes into Neutral? I see that it says Neutral with the little light next to it on the console. Does the T-case switch flip forward or something to activate it?