Libby trades in ovaries for balls..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
did my exhaust swap.
Flomaster 52557
DynoMax Intermediate pipe WLK-51002
Walker/Dynomax 41094 45 degree turn down pipe ( tail pipe )
2x 2.5" exhaust clamps
4' of 3/8" steel rod.

1. connect the intermediate pipe to the muffler use a c clamp.
2. connect the tail pipe to the muffler use the C clamp
3. use piece of pipe and bench vice to bend about 2' of the steel rod to mimmic the original hanger. ( very easy!! )
4. weld hanger to tail pipe
5. slide into place

Filthy Jeep
You must be registered for see images

I could have spent a little more time tweaking the bends, but it looked to be good enough to me.

This exhaust is far from obnoxious but it does let you know that the engine is running and definetly lets you know when youre in the gas. There is NONE of the drone or harmonics inside of the vehicle i could easily make a road trip with this exhaust installed.

I should also point out that i spent the extra money on the intermediate pipe so as to keep the stock muffler and tailpipe ( theyre one piece) intact. NO CUTTING!

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
maybe just a slight bit better throttle response.. though its most likely perception only..

it certainly doesnt peel out or anything ( never did before either)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got the flowmaster 50 series SUV and Ive got a noticeable drone at hw speeds when you start to get back on the gas after coasting. If youre going down a slight incline or moving along on perfectly flat hw its very noticeable. Alost drones when towing with OD off. Doesnt bother me any though.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i think i know what you mean... its by no means as bad as what i had on my pt cruiser.. it was really obnoxios

this was a good mod as soon as i get the proper downspout on it.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
having driven it for a day.. it sounds pretty good almost sedate during normal driving.. on a hard start/acceleration it speaks up a bit but not much..

however.

i dont like AT ALL how it sounds while revving it in neutral.. it gets all tinny almost like a dirtbike..

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Nice,V6 is nasty sounding anyway you cut it,for a 2.2ton 4x4 these things will scare a civic,just watch out for WRX subs.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! im pleased with it..

For the sake of full disclosure.. that last 1" bend i did with a small sledge hammer. And i didnt do the weld myself. It was done by a guy i know who fabricates replica 30ca and 50cal machine guns that fire on propane instead of bullets.