Leak Over Dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, mechanic checked out the ****** and removed the heat shield to fix the front rattling, but still couldn't determine what the rear rattling is. Now, on my way home tonight, I'm suddenly being dripped on.

You must be registered for see images

Anyone ever had to fix this before? I'm guessing it's rusted under the light bar or something, since there's been bubbles in the paint up there. Are there any links to a How To that might cover pulling that fabric out and sealing this thing up?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll need to pull the light bar and start there to repair it, more than likely coming through one of the holes where it is drilled through or possibly even a hole rusted through if you're seeing bubbled paint

But pull the bar and see where its rusted / leaking through first

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Another spot you could check is under that piece of of weather stripping at the top of the windshield. I think 02s have it. My 05 has the striping there. Never seen a KJ rust there, but have seen it on other vehicles.