KK Replacement Radio Antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxinflixion

Reaction score
So I brought my new KK home, and each and every time I pull out of the garage, the antenna hits the bottom of the garage door.

Since it is flexible, it doesn't get damaged, but it sounds like I am hitting something every time.

Is there a decent (shorter) aftermarket replacement for this antenna?

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear the answer to this one... the antenna on my KK *****. AM/FM and satellite all are pittiful... if there is a tree within fifty feet, the satellite drops out.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear the answer to this one... the antenna on my KK *****. AM/FM and satellite all are pittiful... if there is a tree within fifty feet, the satellite drops out.
Sat radio has major dead spots all over this country.The longer the antenna the better,but kinda defeats the purpose when it hits stuff already.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garage doors

You know garage doors are adjustable, right? There should be some type of limit screws somewhere along the driveline. One limit screw adjusts how low the garage door goes (i.e. you don't want it trying to close any further once its on the ground). The other limit screw will adjust how high the garage door raises when it opens. If it isn't reaching it's maximum height, you can adjust it and maybe your antenna will clear it.

(It's been a few years since I've installed a garage door, so I'm not sure if they're still using screws, but the will be some way of limiting the upper and lower travel of the door, it probably varies by model and manufacturer of the opener).

Latest posts

Members online