2009 HVAC and Radio Lost Communication - Codes U0184 U0164

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKnight318

Reaction score
I recently picked up this 2009 Sport and have been working through the previous owner's failures to get her back on the road. The codes I am getting and the web searching I have done seem to be related. The radio appears to be fouled out as it only makes CD eject noises—no lights, sounds, etc. I checked the harness behind and the PO had cobbled in an aftermarket radio at some point. The harness is repaired now, the radio casing is rusted(assumed to be a bad radio). The HVAC Module has no lights and the only response seems to be from the fans turning on, nothing else works on it. I have replaced it with a known good module with the same results. I have checked the fuses and they are good. I have read it could be related to the TIPM but have not found any definitive answers or starting points other than "take it to the dealer". Anybody experience this?