KK or KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mostrobiscotti

Reaction score
I will be finishing up with my YJ recovery vehicle in the next few weeks, going to start with my next off road project,, got permission from the better half to pick one, and just one of the other jeeps to do.. Having issues deciding between the KJ or KK to mod.. Def more aftermarket options for the KJ, but we all have to admit that the KK looks good lifted n muddy..

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Seems that the KK guys are struggling a little bit more than the KJ owners to find aftermarket parts, like you already said. That would be a determining factor for me.

That, and I'm biased. Mod the KJ. :D

Mostrobiscotti

Reaction score
Yea was leaning towards the KJ, it happens to be a limited,, nothing like a loaded chromed up off roader,, def will have to swap that chrome out

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote to mod the KJ also.

Dave

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
The better choice is obviously the KK. You should come over to LOST, theres way more KKs over there.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KK since its nostalgic of the old XJ body style, plus due to limited aftermarket you need to be more creative and its just nice.

P.S

Chrome is for motorcycles and sports cars. :p

Mostrobiscotti

Reaction score
Both sides have great points, i guess i will see where the shopping takes me,, both of them have the same amount of warranty left, KJ has 60000 miles and is 06 while KK has 9200 and is 09, Am a member of LOST and they def gave many ideas for KK

13 days to decide,, im sure in the end, i will MOD them both and show pics,, Dave, your close to me,, we should meet up so i can check out the KJ for ideas

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
The KK needs more lovin!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Mine's the white one

Dont mind the smiling bumper, I still had some trimming to do on the bumper to keep it from bowing haha

Last edited:

Mostrobiscotti

Reaction score
Project lift libby will start the 22nd, just have to get the tow hooks installed front and rear, 31's and roof basket.. goal is to have ready by august trip to maryland..

Antlers

Reaction score
Dirty KK, can you provide some details on the green kk at the top of your pic post? Lift, basket, tires....etc

I purchased a kk last week and was searching for some mods.

Antlers

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Dirty KK, can you provide some details on the green kk at the top of your pic post? Lift, basket, tires....etc

I purchased a kk last week and was searching for some mods.

Antlers

Well im not sure on a whole lot of it. His name is clacker on Lostjeeps.com and clackattack on this forum. i do know a lil bit...

JBA 4" lift, modified a little bit to his liking
16x8 Eagle Alloys backspacing idk 4.75ish
255/85/16 Maxxis bighorn tires (33s)
intake/exhaust
i wanna say thats a surco basket

as for mine, i just got ahold of some MOABs and ordered 32s :cool:

20_liberty_10

Reaction score
DirtyKK, any idea what kind of bumper is on the black liberty in your pictures? Ive recently been looking all over for one but cant find anything that will fit...
-Nate