kj04libby's Jeep!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry that I keep posting everything I do but I wanted to share this. $4.05 including shipping I got these awesome LED map lights from Amazon. They are so bright!
You must be registered for see images attach

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some ebay LEDs in the front middle and rear. the bulbs in my powerstroke and my jeep are the same. I got a lot of 35 or something of the festoon replacements for like 6.50. They're not as nice as the superbrightled bulbs but they're 10x better than regular.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new rack came in today will be posting pics when I have time to put it all together!

Last edited:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep is going to my buddy's shop at his house. I rebuilt the top end a couple months ago but a bearing has went out on the crank. Anyways I should be getting new parts in the engine by Thursday. I'll keep this thread up to date on the rebuild. (BTW I gave my stock jeep rims to my buddy I think they look good on a Cherokee)

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And not that it matters but I got my rack put together and mounted lights. After I rebuild the bottom end this will be going on!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got everything off the engine will unbolt the transmission engine mounts and headers tomorrow and it'll be coming out and getting flipped upside down. Pretty sure its a stacked bearing

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got the engine out around 5 today then got called to a small structure fire and didn't get back till 7 so I was to tired to keep messing with it. its on the engine rack I've gotta work tomorrow but I'm off Thursday so I will be able to find the problem then and share my misfortune with y'all lol. Wish me luck!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just as I thought I stacked a bearing on the forth piston so its gonna be about a $700 repair
New crank, main and rod bearings, oil pump, primary timing chain and gaskets. But I don't want anything else to drive!

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Wow .. I hear you loud and clear!

... even another KJ just wouldn't be the same for me :(

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow .. I hear you loud and clear!

... even another KJ just wouldn't be the same for me :(

I actually think I saw where you said this... Just Empty Every Pocket. I'll do what it takes to keep my KJ running! My friend told me to just buy a wrangler all I could say is "Why, I prefer my liberty!"

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well even tho the Jeep is down (parts come in Tuesday) I bought some moabs today! 5 rims and one has a brand new never even seen the road, Wrangler MTR 245/75/16(it was the spare) all that for only.... $175!! Im super excited

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well even tho the Jeep is down (parts come in Tuesday) I bought some moabs today! 5 rims and one has a brand new never even seen the road, Wrangler MTR 245/75/16(it was the spare) all that for only.... $175!! Im super excited

Dude, those wheels for that price is highway robbery! Great find, great buy and a brand new tire to boot :peace:

Bob

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I like what you've done with the door pillar gauge pod. But a have a few questions.

Just why did you have to customize it?
Was it meant for another vehicle?

Where did you buy it?

The gauges you chose we're voltage, temperature and pressure. Are you trying to monitor the water temp and oil pressure?

I'm considering a two gauge pod to monitor my transmission temp and maybe my engine vacuum.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I like what you've done with the door pillar gauge pod. But a have a few questions.

Just why did you have to customize it?
Was it meant for another vehicle?

Where did you buy it?

The gauges you chose we're voltage, temperature and pressure. Are you trying to monitor the water temp and oil pressure?

I'm considering a two gauge pod to monitor my transmission temp and maybe my engine vacuum.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It was a generic 3 gauge pod from auto zone. Voltage cause I run sub's lights and enough electronics on my dash it looks like mission control. Temp because the stock temp gauge is stupid lol (C, straight up, H) and oil because the only oil gauge on my dash is a light that comes on after the pressure has already gotten low. I just wanna know everything that is going on in my POS, patched up engine!