kj04libby's Jeep!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bad dude. Just not my kind of lifestyle! :p Didn't mean to offend.

Just messing with you man. Lol. Not the first time I've been insulted for living in Bama. Accidentally or on purpose. I think its because our football team is amazing lol

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I ordered my part from Advanced Adapters! The salesman said it should be here in Bama by Tuesday. UPS ground from California takes about 5 business days. I'm so ready to get the ball rolling!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This part will bolt up to the turbo 350
You must be registered for see images attach

And this side will bolt up to my stock transfer case

Now I have everything I need and going to finish it all up now!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I painted the adapter Chevrolet orange and attached it to my Turbo 350 just now. Gonna take this setup to the shop next week end and hopefully be really close to finishing everything up!!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the progress so far. After I get everything completed I'll post a thread in the general discussion. Hers the front of the 350 sitting in the KJ.

Here's the driver's side. It's tight but everything except the oil filter clears on this side. Going to have to buy a filter relocator if I wanna have 4WD. It comes down right behind the front axle where the driveshaft bolts up. Not that big of a problem. I expected to run into small things like this.

Here's the passenger side. On this side I'm going to have to use a ram horn exhaust manifold because this sides manifold that came on it would go right in the firewall so we had to take it off. And I'm going to have to buy another fuel pump. This one has the lines going out the side so there's no way to get the lines on them because its right beside the cradle. But for $12 I can get one that has the lines coming towards the front at auto zone.

Here under the vehicle. The np231 connected to the Chevy stuff thanks to Advanced Adapters.

And finally the last picture of this swap update is a screenshot of the motor mounts I bought Thursday should be here by Monday or Tuesday. These will allow me to build standers or standoffs what ever you prefer to call them. They're used in racing because they allow getting the motor in and out very easily.

Well thats it for now. Thanks!
And here's an unrelated picture as far as the swap. I drew this and I'm definitely cutting my fenders to look like this. But what do y'all think about my bumper. It was inspired by the "W" logo warn winches uses.I have just got my hands on some KCs and a warn winch. I could easily take the bottom notch out and just have a flat bottom. So what do y'all like better? The notch so it'll look like the logo or no notch? I'm 50\50 on it my self so any help would be appreciated!!!

Last edited:

KJWildman

Reaction score
Looks good!

Looking good! Ya, clearance on the driver's side at the steering shaft is where I (we) had the closest clearance on my Ford V8 swap too. The oil filter wasn't an issue on the SBF but had to refab the crossmember for the front driveshaft at the transfer case. I sure wish I had the garage and a couple extra bucks to get going on mine again! Maybe by next spring I can get back to it!

Wow! all this time and this is my first post over here? !!!!!!! :cheers:

Last edited:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good! Ya, clearance on the driver's side at the steering shaft is where I (we) had the closest clearance on my Ford V8 swap too. The oil filter wasn't an issue on the SBF but had to refab the crossmember for the front driveshaft at the transfer case. I sure wish I had the garage and a couple extra bucks to get going on mine again! Maybe by next spring I can get back to it!

Wow! all this time and this is my first post over here? !!!!!!! :cheers:

I'm honored that your first post is on my Journal!! haha and I saw where you had to drop you cross member on your thread. The way mine is set up and still using my stock transfer case I don't have to do that. And the steering shaft was 3/4 of an inch away from being a problem on mine. I just got lucky. Lol. My motor mounts should be here by Monday or Tuesday that way I can try to get the motor actually mounted to the frame this coming weekend. I got moved to days which means no more working on weekends which helps with my Jeep time Lol. And after I get it running and everything my next goal will be try to make my old school motor as shiny as yours!

Chino78

Reaction score
What about the clearance problems between distributor and firewall that others guys at Lost said you will have with the Chevy 350??

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the clearance problems between distributor and firewall that others guys at Lost said you will have with the Chevy 350??

Yeah I saw where they said that too. I'll take pictures when I get back to the shop because I had no clearence issues at all. Yeah it's close but I have about 1.5"-2" of clearance. Not a problem with my swap.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought the fuel pump that I needed today for a whopping $20.70 after tax woohoo old school Chevy stuff is cheap lol. And I ordered oil filter relocation kit off of summit racing for $52 after shipping. Should be here before the weekend. And the motor mounts tracking number say that they should be here tomorrow!! I'm getting closer and closer to having everything except 5 quarts of oil Lol.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPS guy left me a nice present for when I got home off of work!!

Thanks Speedway Motors!!!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! My relocator came in today the UPS guy asked what I was building with all these parts lol I said you dont wanna know but I'll show you when I'm done.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Woohoo! My relocator came in today the UPS guy asked what I was building with all these parts lol I said you dont wanna know but I'll show you when I'm done.

Tell him he'll find out at 10:04pm when lightning strikes the courthouse. (Assuming you can get it going at 88 mph by then.)

:weld: drive.gif :burnout:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell him he'll find out at 10:04pm when lightning strikes the courthouse. (Assuming you can get it going at 88 mph by then.)

:weld: drive.gif :burnout:

At the moment I can't push it up to 88mph. But I know a guy named Clint Eastwood that suggested using a trane to push it

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've been having fun with Chevy Orange and Bed liner :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.