kj04libby's Jeep!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm eager to hear this thing run!!

Sent from My Porcelain Throne using Tapatalk

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, I bet!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just wanted to post the final part of my grill modification. I added chrome inserts. It looks so awesome in person! Pictures just dont do it justice. Anyways its 1AM here and in 7 hours I'll be waking up to go work on the beast some more! Will post progress pics tomorrow in my swap thread. Wish me luck!

You must be registered for see images attach

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome! What did you use to coat it? Looks like either plastidip or some type of aerosol bed liner?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just wanted to post the final part of my grill modification. I added chrome inserts. It looks so awesome in person! Pictures just dont do it justice. Anyways its 1AM here and in 7 hours I'll be waking up to go work on the beast some more! Will post progress pics tomorrow in my swap thread. Wish me luck!

Question: What did you paint your grille with? I like it and might steal the idea! :D

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart, rattle can, bed liner. I used a whole can. And I didn't prime it but I did rough sand the whole thing. And the chrome is door molding from the car section at walmart. I just cut 27 equal lengths

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart, rattle can, bed liner. I used a whole can. And I didn't prime it but I did rough sand the whole thing. And the chrome is door molding from the car section at walmart. I just cut 27 equal lengths

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I like it! A lot! I might do it, the limited chrome grille on mine looks out of place...

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it! A lot! I might do it, the limited chrome grille on mine looks out of place...

Once I get my jeep back to the house and button everything up and driving it everyday I plan on painting thee flares and bumpers like this too

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. The flares on mine are pretty swirly (I love the look of black, but I hate the maintenance) so I wanted to have the flares and maybe the bumpers professionally coated with bedliner. It's my wife's daily so that one really isnt up to me... Yet. I hope to get her a nicer car when the kids are a bit older and ill take the jeep. Keep the miles down on my truck.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 350 “swap" is done!

Naw lol just kidding although my plans for the jeep have changed
1. Finish swap
2. Straight axle
3. MORE lift
4. Trailer!

Going to be a toy now, getting pulled with the Tahoe

I'm excited now!

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Hurry up with it! I wanna see it run!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Hurry up with it! I wanna see it run!

I'm trying! Lol but I only get to go to the shop every now and then. Can you do me a favor? Measure your wheel base, from one wheel hub to another? I remember it being about 8 of my feet so it should be close to 100". And if someone else sees this first will you measure please? Thanks for the help!!!

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying! Lol but I only get to go to the shop every now and then. Can you do me a favor? Measure your wheel base, from one wheel hub to another? I remember it being about 8 of my feet so it should be close to 100". And if someone else sees this first will you measure please? Thanks for the help!!!

104.2 inches is what's on my spec sheet for my 2006

Measured my 06 and its 104 1/4

Measured my father in laws 04 its 104 3/8

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I've changed the plans of how I'm going to accomplish the swap. Since I want a 350 and straight axles, why not just use an old Chevy frame right? But even a swb Chevy is too long at 130" so I was talking to my buddy who has a blazer frame and the wheelbase on it.... 106"!!! So he gave it to me! The front wheel will sit 2" further forward than the liberty's. My step-dad is going to sandblast it and then all I do is get axles under it and get the motor in it and just sit my body on it.

Last edited:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Spent some time in photoshop everything is to scale. 35" KM2s, sitting the body on the frame alone gave it tons of lift, then an additional 3" lift for the blazer frame. It seems tall but the floorboards will be at my waist. Pretty much at the top of the tires. It isn't THAT tall but it is tall lol

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Spent some time in photoshop everything is to scale. 35" KM2s, sitting the body on the frame alone gave it tons of lift, then an additional 3" lift for the blazer frame. It seems tall but the floorboards will be at my waist. Pretty much at the top of the tires. It isn't THAT tall but it is tall lol

Promblem I can see is how are you gonna line up the v8 with the engine carparment and then get the wheels to line up in the wheel wells?

You figure out that and it should be a easy swap. Get the brakes done, throttle, steering crap and your golden for a trail rig

Looking good so far.... I swear there was another libby with a "frame swap"