kj04libby's Jeep!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got the jeep back running for now.... Lol
You must be registered for see images attach

Can you tell which of my friends was helping and which one wasn't? Lol I'll take a picture of my jeep tomorrow with my new rims and roof rack it looks good and will sound good after I replace my crappy still knocking after $800 worth of parts engine with a 350! Can't wait for that project to get started!

Last edited:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New wheels and roof rack!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its official!! Just bought a crate 350, 4 speed manual transmission and transfer case for $450!!! (BTW I know the guy very well lol hints the good deal)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Those are some Major League wheels you got there! :mfr_omg:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get a lot of criticism with this mod but I don't care lol my crate 350 fits right in my kjs cradle! I'm so ready to get everything buttoned up (transmission, tcase, driveshafts). Its gonna be a couple months before I get done re wiring windows, locks, lights, radio and I decided to just build a custom gauge cluster with after market gauges. I'm using my existing gas tank going to put in a float and run a different gauge and the 350 has a manual fuel pump just going to tap in a new line and leave my electric one there just to keep the hole filled I'll post pic of the progress wish me luck everybody! (Oh and I plan on posting the whole build in the general discussion once its done)

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got my virtual support

.. that and a $1.50 will get ya a coffee :D

I will be drinking a lot of coffee with this build lol and I bout the plastic cup so I get refills for only 87¢ after tax a cup!! Lol

b1m3x8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get a lot of criticism with this mod but I don't care lol my crate 350 fits right in my kjs cradle! I'm so ready to get everything buttoned up (transmission, tcase, driveshafts). Its gonna be a couple months before I get done re wiring windows, locks, lights, radio and I decided to just build a custom gauge cluster with after market gauges. I'm using my existing gas tank going to put in a float and run a different gauge and the 350 has a manual fuel pump just going to tap in a new line and leave my electric one there just to keep the hole filled I'll post pic of the progress wish me luck everybody! (Oh and I plan on posting the whole build in the general discussion once its done)

PLEASE start a progress thread if you do this!

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLEASE start a progress thread if you do this!

Of coarse man lol I'm gonna share it with everybody I know I'll get some hate but for the most part people will like it and I think I'll be the 1st person to do this or if not the 1st I'll be in a group of few that have done this lol

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after getting everything that's going in my jeep in the shop and doing some measurements and research with the help of PTC- Performance Torque Converts (ptcrace.com) and Shoals Custom Driveshafts another company here in my area that their name speaks for themselves lol with the 350 being able to sit in my cradle the 350T( I mistakenly said 700r4 today in another thread for some stupid reason I just wasn't thinking) being able to work with my NV231/NP231 TCase( I thought it was NP I just asked and was told its NV, from what I've searched they're exactly the same) with an adapter that I can either buy or have made by PTC this swap is turning out to be easier than I thought. Not easy, just easier than I expected lol.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The swap has been going smoothly thanks to a 20 ton crane haha. I pulled the Chevy motor and trans out the other day.

Pulled my engine trans and tcase last night with a come along and a tree lol

The big hole lol

Took it to the shop this morning! Getting much closer!

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that look incredibly dangerous to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using a crane? Using a tree? Or pulling a vehicle down the road with safety rope(for a human harness)? Lol its all dangerous but its all I got to do it with. And it might just be an Alabama redneck thing but you'll see a lot of that down here lol

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using a crane? Using a tree? Or pulling a vehicle down the road with safety rope(for a human harness)? Lol its all dangerous but its all I got to do it with. And it might just be an Alabama redneck thing but you'll see a lot of that down here lol

Oh I completely understand the redneck aspect, I've done plenty of unsafe things like that:roflsquared:

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So..... hows the swap going?

Saving my money(thinking about getting a small loan through my bank) all that's holding me back is the adapter. Its $450 plus s&h. Its from advanced adapters out in California. It makes the np231 bolt right up to the turbo 350 trans.

These measurements are not exact just me measuring with a tape measure as good as I could with the components out of the vehicles.

Jeep 3.7: L-24" W-27" H-33"
Chevy 5.7: L-26" W-24" H-32"
(Length=front of pulleys to flywheel)
(Width=exhaust manifold to exhaust manifold)
(Height=Carb/TB to lowest point on oil pan)

Total Motor/Trans/Tailshaft lengths

Jeep 3.7
Motor: 24"
42RLE: 18"
Tail: 7"
TOTAL = 49"

Chevy 350
Motor: 26"
Trans: 21"
Adapter(tailshaft): 2"
TOTAL = 49"

So I can leave my tcase in the same spot(No need for new axles or custom driveshafts). Weld motor mounts and start wiring everything up.

Last edited: