kj wheels???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which other wheels can we fit besides the OEM and the cragars??I kind of don't like the stock steels...so what are our options?? Maybe from a Grand cherokee or something?? Pics and models would help

thankx guys

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ZJ, XJ, TJ, and YJ are fine as long as they are (or bigger) than 16".... :)

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
which other wheels can we fit besides the OEM and the cragars??I kind of don't like the stock steels...so what are our options?? Maybe from a Grand cherokee or something?? Pics and models would help

thankx guys

Just make sure the caliper will clear the inside of the rims you choose. Some rims are a very tight between rim and calipers. My Soft 8's have about a 1/4" clearance....just enough for a nice rock to get in there and scrape.

Test fit before handing over the moolaaaaaa!!

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Saw pics of mini van wheels on Libby,looked good,cheap also.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
the mini van wheels was on here wasn't it? They were only 6 inches wide as well

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found both....the stock steels painted black with the gray center caps look real good, might be what I'm gonna end up doing, but the mini van wheels gives it a little of a military look, I think he said they were $35 each lol, or I might be confusing it

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I think I made up my mind and paint the stock steels black, so any tips would help, cover the tires with newspaper maybe???
for the ones that have painted the wheels, hows the paint holding on? I really don't wanna be retouching it every 2 weeks lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't that with wheel spacers as well ?

Painting wheels is like painting anything else , preperation is the key, sanding well, cleaning them really well etc will give you a paint job that lasts almost as well if not better than powder coating. Have to remember if you scratch powder coating , nothing you can do, scratch paint 5 minutes and its painted again.

Last edited:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 15" wheels will NOT fit with out wheel spacers
I had those from my TJ and they were not going to fit with spacers
I also tried to fit the alum. wheels from a Sahara ,what I have now
and they would not fit

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
then paint it is, I'm gonna do it when I do my brakes, but also when it warms up cuz it's frigging cold outside