Air condition not working 2.8 crd KJ Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

train

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm from the UK and have recently purchased a Jeep Cherokee KJ (liberty) 2.8 2007 model year and the A/C compressor does not work when the AC button is depressed (light comes on at the switch). The condenser works if power is given to it manually (as part of my diagnosis) and the low pressure switch has been bypassed and a new heater module fitted to test if the heater control panel with the AC button is faulty. We have gassed up and also checked the relay and fuse in the engine compartment also at the start.

Anyone had similar and found a fix? Something I have not yet checked?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the later Jeeps but mine only runs with the air distribution set over to the left, mine doesn't have an ac button though.

train

Reaction score
Could it be something to do with the engine cooling fan? I have no wiring diagram but just wondered?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search for Jeep manuals on here, there is a link to download them.
Not sure on a later Jeep, both of mine only have engine driven fans for everything.