Kj bumper light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03libbysprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My next project is I want to paint my fenders and bumpers. There's a lot of hype about paintin plastic and whether to use plasti dip or bed liner. Any suggestion would be great

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My next project is I want to paint my fenders and bumpers. There's a lot of hype about paintin plastic and whether to use plasti dip or bed liner. Any suggestion would be great

Ove tried plasti dip on my hood. It was ok but the power washer caught the edge and peeled it some...off it came and on went paint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

03libbysprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam. I've used bed liner before worked good but didn't clear coat so once the sun cooked it it was light gray

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to use bedliner you have to use the good stuff. The cheap stuff at parts store etc is crap. Sorry but it fades out, looks bad, some looks like the dog threw up on whatever you painted it with. LINE-X and the other major brands charge what they do for a reason, it looks good and stays looking good. Heck check out TJKJs. Troy used a more expensive type ( not the most expensive but lots better than the spray can junk) and many years later it is still looking like he did it yesterday. My buddy Chris had his Line-Xd and that was 5-6 years ago and still looks new
I dislike all of the plastic dipped stuff folks are doing, BUT have to say I did my flares as a test and now two years later the dang stuff is still on there. Of course mine never goes through any kind of high power car washes except to spray the undercarriage

03libbysprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear u can only get line x through a dealer. U know any good brands

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any pics of your plasti dip?
There's a few dings cause by vandals about 7 years ago to wifey's car. I'd like to bondo and plasti dip the top half and flares to go for a mini cooper look

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.