jeep overheating in MN heat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been about 95 - 100 degrees here in good ole MN with index of about 105 - 110. My jeep has been soild to me but in this heat it has been over heating. always overheats if the ac is on full blast but on some of these hot days on long return trips it wiil over heat if the ac is on at all and just running normal on the highway. it will go down if i run the heat. im going to flush the coolant, and other things to suggest replacing while i do this? would like to never have to worry about over heating. i have about 160k on the jeep, and i have washed out the radiator / condensor so its not full of bugs. thoughts?

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure your radiator cap is holding the correct pressure. if it is not your coolant will boil quicker.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say to check your rad/condensor for any signs of plugging. T-stat might not be opening up enough. If it has not been done it might not be a bad idea to just replace it. If you wanna meet up I have a temp gun we can check and see if the rad is cooling properly.