New member in MN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69gscalifornia

Reaction score
Just picked up a’06 Liberty Limited in Florida and drove it 1760 miles back to northern MN. Unfortunately at 1740 miles the transmission went into limp mode! Got it home and in the garage, disconnected the battery and it’s driving again but will need to have the transmission rebuilt. It’s current name is Limp Bisquit, hopefully I can change that soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

I used to drive a ‘76 Cherokee S wide body and have missed having a Jeep in the garage. I didn’t plan on having to work on one this soon though! I also have a ‘69 Buick GS California that I’ve owned for over 30 years, thus the board name.

I know I’ll have lots of questions for the group and will post up what I learn!

Ken

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood. Lots of good information here.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about the transmission woes.
As the R2RLE is fully computerized, I would have your local transmission shop scan for codes, using a high end shop scanner like a Snap on Modis Ultra.
Hopefully then the posted codes, will give you an idea what may be wrong.
Consider getting a rebuilt quote from your local Jasper transmissions.

ccg2301

Reaction score
Hello and welcome, Nice looking Jeep. Hope you find useful answers to any and all your questions here, as I have.