Jeep liberty whine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gavinjan

Reaction score
My 2006 limited Jeep liberty sounds like it has a damn turbo in it now. it just started to make a high pitch whine or hiss as I increase acceleration. Possibly a vacuum leak or power steering pump not alternator. If anyone could help that would be great
Here a YouTube video of the noise because this forum page was being retarted and didn't let me attach any files
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXBO0Ib28U

sdg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a similar whine before the clutch of the old AC compressor exploded. But YMMV, I have just had one case of "turbo whine" so far.

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the engine without the serpentine belt for a few seconds and see if the noise goes away. That'll at least rule out any of the belt driven accessories.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good advice. If the noise goes away its in the accessories and it's time to hunt with a stethoscope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gavinjan

Reaction score
When I took the belt off the noise subsided completely! I have a hunch its a pulley what would you suggest I do from here?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I took the belt off the noise subsided completely! I have a hunch its a pulley what would you suggest I do from here?

Spin each one by hand and check for play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk