I've increased MPG's a bit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biker69

Reaction score
but you said they dont work! Actually their hydrogen generators use exactly the same principle, the boat engines electrics are providing the power and as it quite clearly states "hydrogen gas is produced on demand." it is exactly the same principle, it just shows that what companies with the time and money can do. IT WORKS

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but you said they dont work! Actually their hydrogen generators use exactly the same principle, the boat engines electrics are providing the power and as it quite clearly states "hydrogen gas is produced on demand." it is exactly the same principle, it just shows that what companies with the time and money can do. IT WORKS
Not even close to being the same.

Your going to tell me a $200,000 specific built hydrogen generator is the exact same thing as a $200 fleabay scam HHO kit?

Oh look a pig flew out of my butt:smokin:

biker69

Reaction score
what THEY are saying is there is no stored hydrogen on board and that hydrogen gas is produced from the sea water by a hydrogen generator which can clearly be seen in the advertisement and is high grade stainless plates which is common to all eletrolysis generators, the only difference is the volts/amps individuals use. Its so easy to demonstrate in your own home.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen a number of people try it in various stages of $$$$ invested and unless you have a huge amount of money there is no way it works. Just not feasible to install in a vehicle in todays market.
Maybe by 2095 sure

biker69

Reaction score
the hydrogen generator fitted in those boats would be relatively cheap to produce. As i said, the main component is stainless steel plates, the engine supplys the electric, there is little else left except the flashback arrestors and control module. 1/3rd million dollars for what exactly? A boat that NEVER has to be refueled, thats what your paying for,

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
the hydrogen generator fitted in those boats would be relatively cheap to produce. As i said, the main component is stainless steel plates, the engine supplys the electric, there is little else left except the flashback arrestors and control module. 1/3rd million dollars for what exactly? A boat that NEVER has to be refueled, thats what your paying for,

sailboat......invented way before recorded history by unknown persons.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your saying a boat that normally run maybe $60k-$80k that they are selling for $300k+ is no different then those fleabay hho kits? Bet those who actually bought those should be told they were ripped off and over payed by $300k+.

No the engine does not supply the electric power for the hydrogen generator.Those generators are one step down from a hydrogen celled vehicle.

Oh and yes they have to refuel those boats,no water no fuel were as a normal boat engine will run in or out of the water.

biker69

Reaction score
hydrogen cells produce electric primarily for electric motors, those boats have internal combustion engines. They do not have to refuel because it states in the advertisement that they use sea water, the stuff they are floating on! I would totally agree that people are being ripped off, i imagine their main argument is "well sir, look on the bright side, you will never have to fill a jerry can again." anyone who came up with an alternative fuel that is almost free to produce with the right epuipment is not going to open a charity shop. Thats captalism.

fuel cells will (eventually) become big business, why! because its not something joe bloggs can knock together in his garage over the weekend, its something the big companies can make big money on through the mainteance and supply of hydrogen gas, its something governments will be able to tax and control.

hydrogen generators are uncontrollable, easy to build, untaxable and why would big companise want to flood a market with something that is virtually maintenance free. thats why it will always be dead in the water.

As the makers of Epson printers will tell you, their main income is from the ink cartriges not the printers themselves.

Last edited:

BullDeacLaw

Reaction score
Hi guys, replaced the plugs on my 07 KJ 2wd a few weeks ago. My idle has dropped and is much smoother but my average mileage is down from 18-19 to 14-15. Do I need to reset the computer?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, replaced the plugs on my 07 KJ 2wd a few weeks ago. My idle has dropped and is much smoother but my average mileage is down from 18-19 to 14-15. Do I need to reset the computer?

No but what type of plugs did you use ( only copper core should be)
and did you set them to spec?
Mileage should not of dropped due to plug change

BullDeacLaw

Reaction score
No but what type of plugs did you use ( only copper core should be)
and did you set them to spec?
Mileage should not of dropped due to plug change

Yeah, I don't get it. Everything is stock and she is running better than ever.

Used the copper core after reading the spark plug threads on here and I gapped them correctly (or pretty damn close).

Only other change besides the plugs are 2 brand new tires on the rear axle after a couple of too-close to the sidewall nails. My last 2 tanks have ranged between 14.3 and 15.2 of almost all in-town driving. I should have about 200 miles on the highway this weekend so I'll see how that looks

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get it. Everything is stock and she is running better than ever.

Used the copper core after reading the spark plug threads on here and I gapped them correctly (or pretty damn close).

Only other change besides the plugs are 2 brand new tires on the rear axle after a couple of too-close to the sidewall nails. My last 2 tanks have ranged between 14.3 and 15.2 of almost all in-town driving. I should have about 200 miles on the highway this weekend so I'll see how that looks

Well we did just start getting into the cold weather. Winter blend gas could be a serious cause. Although I supposed you may have considered the cold already.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
4-5 MPGs is a big drop, I'll drop maybe 1-2 at most.
I'm assuming we already started getting winter gas here and I still pulled over 21 last week

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Down in NC they may be getting winter gas just now. Still seems to be a pretty steep decline just for that, though.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting 18 here around town. When I checked it after filling a couple days ago 13.5! I did do some towing and left it set and warm up a few times. Needless to say new plugs are going in this week. Previously 16 - 17 was the worst I had seen under similar conditions.

Last edited:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we got the winter blend here my gas mileage has gone from "god d*mnit" to "son of a *****"