its lift time. just need some help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a time to miss mounting up with the Grammar Police posse #-o
Is it really that hard to add a few more letters and check to see if everything is spelled right.

:D :p
Fixed it for you. We can't have everyone thinking those of us in Arizona are lacking, can we? ;) Oh and I ran a Daystar lift for three years before I went the OME route, it's not a bad lift as long as you understand its limitations :)

People make assumptions about your intelligence, like it or not, judging by the way you present yourself via text.
:confused: This coming from the person who constantly refers to himself in the third person? :p

OK, I'm done typing now. Except to say that the Chevy Chevette was the suckiest car in the *whole* world. 'nuf said...

And to the OP, I hope you get it all figured out.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Chevette has nothing to do with the Citation, and referring to one's self in the third person is not grammatically incorrect, so you, good sir, can get bent.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I could not sleep, so instead of counting sheep, I came to my computer and started to read all of the wisdom which is here on Jeep KJ Country.
Well I have to admit, after reading the last 5 pages, I am not sure if I can ever sleep again!
I may miss something like this, and what a shame it would be. rollinglaugh.gif

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! What a thread...it ran the gambit of everything from a KJ lift to Edgar Allen Poe...(dunno)

And for the record, the suckiest car in the world has to be a Skoda......;)

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm a little offended/surprised by Tonys post...not to bring it back up...but I've never read anything close to ignorant from him. Damn, to say you dropped out of school at grade 3 for typing "u"...pretty low. I've never known of grammar being a problem on forums before...

However, I definitely agree that the stickys and search function should be used effectively.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I for one can see where Tony was coming from, after a few years of repeating the same thing over and over you sort of get tired of seeing 4 posts regarding say lifts within 2 days, each asking the same thing.
Also regarding the correct spelling,
I think it is a direct reflection of you and you should always try to "do your best" so that people do not have to read between the lines to try and understand what you have just written.
Texting has and continues to be one of the very worst things to come up in the last few years as far as communicating the written language. Its OK I guess if you are texting but has no place in normal written word.
My wife is amazed when students answer questions on a test the same way they text. They get an automatic FAIL, and are dumbfounded why they did. This by the way is testing in a University level language course.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I got it all figured out. Had to open my eyes is all.

If/when you get all of your lift components ordered, and if you'd like some help, let me know. We don't live all that far from each other, and I would be willing to help you out with said installation. It's pretty simple to do.

Or you can bring the KJ out my way, and there would likely be a bunch of us that could help you out. :D

I kinda have to agree with the 3rd grader on this one. I understand it is annoying to read the same questions over and over again, BUT is it required of you to answer said post? I know some of you are mods and admins and what not, so I don't exactly know what goes on with that, but don't answer. Problem solved. Let someone else answer the question and do not be hassled by it. My two pennies.

x2!

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I for one can see where Tony was coming from, after a few years of repeating the same thing over and over you sort of get tired of seeing 4 posts regarding say lifts within 2 days, each asking the same thing.
Also regarding the correct spelling,
I think it is a direct reflection of you and you should always try to "do your best" so that people do not have to read between the lines to try and understand what you have just written.
Texting has and continues to be one of the very worst things to come up in the last few years as far as communicating the written language. Its OK I guess if you are texting but has no place in normal written word.
My wife is amazed when students answer questions on a test the same way they text. They get an automatic FAIL, and are dumbfounded why they did. This by the way is testing in a University level language course.

The old lady showed ThunderbirdJunkie some papers she was grading.

These were graduate level papers.

He has not seen so many "U"s and "fyi"s and such since the last text message he got from his 14 year old cousin.
I do have to agree with Tom on the correct spelling and grammar. Correct sentence building is a must as well. I've read many many posts(and gotten quite a few messages) where I had to re-read it multiple times just to understand what they are trying to say. Correct sentence structure and punctuation will help people give you the best answer to your question.

+80 cool points for budke

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
man i saw a organe kj today...i didnt know that they used organe

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ask an intelligent, well written question and you get a intelligent well written answer

poorly written silly questions ( see I did not use stupid) you will receive off the wall remarks and 10 pages of other "silly" remarks that have nothing to do with what you wanted to know

Budke is really coming up in the world, very proud of him! He's come a long way in a few short months! Now if he can only maintain this level

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ask an intelligent, well written question and you get a intelligent well written answer

poorly written silly questions ( see I did not use stupid) you will receive off the wall remarks and 10 pages of other "silly" remarks that have nothing to do with what you wanted to know

Budke is really coming up in the world, very proud of him! He's come a long way in a few short months! Now if he can only maintain this level

OK, I'll use STUPID, DIM, ******, and all those other good words then!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I'll use STUPID, DIM, ******, and all those other good words then!

I'll let you add those in when you see fit Ryan. ;):D:D

Working for a governmental agency they pound it into you to be so darn PC so you have to watch what you say all of the time so nothing stupid comes out when ...well when you see or hear something stupid!(biggrin)(dunno)