its lift time. just need some help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not gunna lie. i know like nothing about suspension. i want a decent lift that will last and ive been reading on here and am still stumped.kopkrab.gif i dont run any equipment(arb bumper or anything else) so i dont need to worry about that. i do go wheeling sometimes would like a reliable kit. i assume the OME and rancho combo is one of the better set ups but have no clue what else i need. does anyone have a full list of stuff i need for a 2.5+ lift? i dont know any part numbers and would appreciate everyones help!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you aren't planning on running an aftermarket bumper you should be OK with OME 927s in the front and 948s in the back. Add a couple of Teraflex (sku 1903200) or Daystar bumpstops (not sure if Daystar sells them separately) on the front, on the rear you can stack two or three hockey pucks (1" thick each) drilled thru the center and bolted to the spring perch.

I've had my setup on for about 3000 miles and have no complaints. Oh and if you can afford them some JBA upper A-arms make it easier to get the alignment back where it should be.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on part numbers but I know what worked using 4 springs and 4 shocks and
NOTHING more
we had OME med springs at all 4 corners
with Rancho strut/shocks in the front and OME shocks ,not the ones that end in L on the PN
this will fit 245/75's on an '03 with very little rub on OE wheels

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First: It's you and not U. Or did you drop out of 3th grade? ow..looking at your first post you probably did...

Second: Hello...2003Renegade, didn't you see some funny looking sticky posts on top of this section?

There are all the part numbers...all the info you would ever need...even tells where you can buy your kit....gosh...

----

I don't know where you find the patience Corwyyn / Tom...after 3 years I just cannot do it anymore...

It's like talking to the deaf here. I need a vacation.

Yes you ( and me ) need a vacation!!! :D No on reads anymore, "U" just ask......;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
back in 04 I read everything I could before I even posted on LOST , then found this site later and read through things here

Any more it's ask first then research afterwards when you think what someone has told you is not right

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
tony, tom, kj924 i've only been here a year and i was one of these guys as probably everyone of you know... lol but I too now understand the annoyance of these repeats. We really need to figure out someway to make a big flashy sign or something for the sticky's. Something like READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ONE SINGLE THING QUESTIONING HOW TO LIFT A LIBERTY OR ELSE YOU WILL LOSE SITE MEMBERSHIP! LOL

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
tony, tom, kj924 i've only been here a year and i was one of these guys as probably everyone of you know... lol but I too now understand the annoyance of these repeats. We really need to figure out someway to make a big flashy sign or something for the sticky's. Something like READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ONE SINGLE THING QUESTIONING HOW TO LIFT A LIBERTY OR ELSE YOU WILL LOSE SITE MEMBERSHIP! LOL

ThunderbirdJunkie tried that on an RC car forum.

Everybody would have had to be banned that joined after that was posted.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
First: It's you and not U. Or did you drop out of 3th grade? ow..looking at your first post you probably did...

Hello...2003Renegade, didn't you see some funny looking sticky posts on top of this section?

There are all the part numbers...all the info you would ever need...even tells where you can buy your kit....

----

I don't know where you find the patience Corwyyn / Tom...after 3 years I just cannot do it anymore...

It's like talking to the deaf here. I need a vacation.

Tony, ThunderbirdJunkie is lol'ing hard here in Ohio reading your response (rotflmao)

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow way to be an *******. i was just asking. and ill spell how i want. this isnt a college exam paper.

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Please print this form, fill it out, and fax it to ThunderbirdJunkie.

Expect a follow-up pm in about 6 weeks.

Attachments

• butthurtreportform.jpg
    butthurtreportform.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Members online