It sits level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Did you do anything to prevent rust on-in the uni-body"frame" ?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure is quiet over here......no updates in a couple weeks......

howsitgoin'?
Yeah been slacking a bit,some pics will follow sometime next week.Got all the mounts welded on the RockJock and just finished painting it about 30mins ago(hopefully installing tuesday).The passenger side frame stiffiner is all bolted in and the rear trackbar mount is made and mounted on the unibody in the rear,hopefully the rear trackbar will be machined by tuesday.As soon as the axle is in we can re-mount the upper coil buckets and then we can get it off the jack stands and get the measurement for the front/rear driveshafts.Then all the fun begins with finishing all the little junk that seems to take forever.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some new pics.....................

Pretty sexy
You must be registered for see images

35" stuff very nicely

Just waiting on the correct DOM material to get here and machined for the rear tracbar then the coils can go in and gte the driveshafts ordered then it will be driveable.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's coming along real awesome, Troy.

Dave

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect10.gifleghump.gif(banan-hit)eclipsee_gold_cup.g:

The most amazing display of ingenuity on a KJ I've ever seen. Top notch. Brilliant. Truly this is some of the sexiest Jeep **** in existence... AND ITS NOT EVEN DONE YET!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well some more progress.....................

It is sitting on it's own weight and off the jack stands(for the time being).........................
You must be registered for see images attach

Sadly the trackbar that has held up progress got messed up during machining and thought to be savable but not so much so another trackbar has to be machined.But at least we got the correct measurement for the rear driveshaft but waiting on the slip joints for those also
.So maybe sometime in the next decade it will be rolling.

Oh below is just a shot of the twin sticks,got to find a fabric place to make a twin stick boot but for the time being it will work like in the pic.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How tall is it?
Funny you mentioned that since I did measure it and planned on measuring my carport height(which I just ran out and measured since I forgot).As long as Marty's lopsided driveway gave me a somewhat accurate # I will have exactly 1/8" clearance,the KJ measured at 89 7/8" and my carport is 90" even.